Position: Accountant (3)
Classification: Hourly Off Scale (Pay based on experience)
Pay: $28.85/hr ($60,000+ year) DOE
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
FTE: Full time
Reports to: Accounting Supervisor
Posting Open Date: 07/16/21
Posting Close Date: 07/30/21
Location: #099 Home Office, Issaquah, WA Job#925
Note: An online skills assessment may be given prior to a first interview.
California applicants, please click here to review the Costco Applicant Privacy Notice.
The Accounting is responsible for conducting quality research, accurate analysis, and implementing effective solutions in order to accurately report financial information. They use their knowledge, skills, and experience to resolve discrepancies and is required to develop an expert understanding of their assigned tasks in order to identify issues, troubleshoot problems, and take corrective action.
*While the departments in which final open positions may vary, the open position(s) are expected to be in A/P Reconciliation, Fixed Assets, and Revenue Accounting.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
- Accurate and timely completion of assigned periodic journal entries, reconciliations, schedules, analysis, ad hoc reports, and/or period close processes.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with business partners, coworkers, and all levels of management.
- Develops and implements procedures for current and new business processes that impact accounting.
- Leverages systemic solutions to contribute to process and system improvements.
- Identifies trends or areas of concern and offers solutions for better controls and efficiencies.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery.
- Computer, phone, printer, copier, scanner, and 10-key.
- Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
- Assists in other areas of the company as necessary.
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
- Accounting experience or general understanding of accounting transactions.
- Strong analytical, investigative, and research skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and independent thinking.
- A high initiative to take on new projects.
- Demonstrated ability to complete responsibilities with strict deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-motivation, attention to detail and accuracy, high level of initiative, driven to achieve results.
- Demonstrated aptitude and experience with financial-based software, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and systems.
- Flexibility in working days and hours as needed to support business processes.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other field directly related to accounting.
- Understanding of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Be able to work and think independently and participate as part of a team.
- Proficient working knowledge of general ledger transactions in SAP.
- Knowledge of reconciliation processes.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Blackline, ReconNET, Gmail and Google Docs.
- Proven ability and desire to learn and understand financial software.
- Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work visas, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.