Cox2M is the new Internet of Things (IoT) business line within Cox Communications. As a start-up within a larger corporation, Cox2M provides a unique work environment that is dynamic, fast-paced, and agile while having the ability to tap into the knowledge, resources, and support of the broader enterprise. Cox2M’s mission is to unleash the true potential of a connected world by enabling complete asset tracking and monitoring solutions, giving businesses and communities data and tools they need to improve processes, realize operational efficiencies, and deliver better experiences to customers and residents.
The summer internship position will be working with the Cox2M Analytics COE (Center of Excellence) to help drive valuable business insights through data and to build a data monetization strategy. This role will have the rare ability to influence and develop processes and decisions that shape the business for years to come.
The ideal candidates will possess the following qualities and abilities:
· Ability to adapt to change, and work effectively in ambiguity
· Attention to detail and superior organization skills
· Demonstrated communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Strong analytical problem-solving capabilities
· Desire to improve processes and reduce inefficiencies and friction
What’s in it for you?
This is a tremendous opportunity to gain on-the-job experience within a unique growth-oriented innovation team at Cox. This role will provide:
- Meaningful and challenging work in a fast-paced environment
- Opportunity to help influence and accelerate the growth of a business
- Interaction with stakeholders from multiple disciplines including analytics, business development, supply chain, legal, operations, finance, product and technology
- Experience navigating a start-up within a larger corporate structure
- Hands-on mentoring and the chance to network and grow with a group of intern peers
- Exposure to senior leadership
This internship position will support the development of a data monetization strategy. Areas of focus include:
- Develop and manage relationships with internal stakeholders, external partners, and prospective customers
- Conduct market research to identify which companies may be buying data within our verticals and what they use that data for.
- Work with data scientists and analysts to identify what data we have available to us that relates to what companies are buying.
- Work with internal teams to create packaged data offerings (either data-as-a-service or insights-as-a-service) that will enable the Cox2M Analytics COE to go-to-market.
- Create and lead presentations to team members and develop executive communication for senior leadership
· Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Pursuing BS/BA degree in related discipline (Data Analytics, Business, Engineering, Computer Science)
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Strong knowledge/skills with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Office Suite and online research
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills to work effectively with multi-functional teams
- Strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills
· Experience using BI tools such as Power BI, MicroStrategy, Tableau, etc.