ASU Connected Environments Collaboratory Intern
Engineering Product & Technology Intern
Department Code: Strategy, Cox2M
Location City/State: Tempe, Arizona
From the valued customers we connect through our innovative communications services, to the employees we unite through exciting career opportunities, Cox Communications is all about bringing people together and enhancing their lives.
Established in 2018, the Cox2M group sits within the corporate strategy division of Cox Communications as the new Internet of Things (IoT) business line. Cox2M’s mission is to unleash the true potential of a connected world by enabling complete asset tracking and monitoring solutions, giving businesses and communities data and tools they need to improve processes, realize operational efficiencies, and deliver better experiences to customers and residents.
Through a Cox and Arizona State University (ASU) partnership, there will be a Connected Environments Collaboratory starting the summer of 2021. The Collaboratory aims to solve real challenges for Smart Campuses and beyond in ways that are innovative and not readily available in the marketplace today. As an incubation center and convening space, the collaboratory aims to engage ASU students, staff, and faculty to design the next wave of Internet of Things (IoT) solutions that could, for example, optimize buildings for sustainability, provide new learning experiences in virtual and augmented reality, overhaul transportation infrastructure, and more.
Cox2M is currently seeking a 2021 summer intern that is responsible for assisting both the Director and the Program Manager to complete market research within scoping and ideation of concepts in the Connected Environments Collaboratory. This internship role is unique as it is located at the Collaboratory on the SkySong Innovation campus in Scottsdale, AZ.
The ideal candidates will possess the following qualities and abilities:
· Handle multiple workstreams and projects at once
· Ability to adapt to change, and work effectively in ambiguity
· Attention to detail and superior organization skills
· Strong, demonstrated communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
What’s in it for you?
This is a tremendous opportunity to gain on-the-job experience within a unique growth-oriented innovation team at Cox. This role will provide:
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Hands-on mentoring and the chance to network and grow with a group of intern peers
- Access to senior leadership within the Strategy group
This intern position will support solution adoptions in coordination with customers/users, solution creators, and internal stakeholders. Areas of focus include:
- Research, data, and technical solutions
- Technology solution research – new hype cycle research
- Assist product and technology with network, hardware, and software solution designs
- UX test plans
- Persona and journey mapping
- Gather testing results
- Executive level presentations
- Presentations to team members and senior leadership
- Project plans, product roadmaps, and ideation sessions for multiple workstreams
- Problem synthesis and strategic problem solving
- Pursuing BS/BA/BBA degree in related discipline (marking, business, entrepreneur)
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Ability to push and complete independent analysis
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams
- Strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills