Program Start Date: June 13th, 2022
CVS Health’s General Management Development Program helps position early-in-career talent to be the next generation of leadership at CVS Health. The program provides exposure across CVS Health’s core businesses and offers meaningful rotations with a focus on business and leadership skills. Participants will complete three 18-month rotations across multiple enterprise functions with exposure to senior leadership in each operating division.
As a program participant, you will progress through GMDP rotations following a personalized developmental plan. During your rotations you will:
• Build Strategic Consulting, Healthcare Analytics, and Project Management skills
• Achieve milestones related to each rotation
• Be a resource for other colleagues; responsible for portions of projects or lead projects with limited risks and resource requirements
• Help identify gaps, recommend, and implement new and more useful ways to approach and improve products, processes and service using business segment and function knowledge
• Contribute to business plans.
• Advocate for change
• May solicit and evaluate customer feedback to enhance continuous improvement
• Develop recommendations based on complex data and root cause analysis.
In addition to learning fundamental technical skills, through this program participants will improve proficiency on the following General Manager competencies.
• Establish a Compelling Strategy
• Achieve Financial and Enterprise Results
• Build Talent and Teams
• Develop Meaningful Relationships
The program provides exposure across CVS Health’s core businesses and offers meaningful rotations with a focus on business and leadership skills.
Meet educational requirements (see education section)
• Have leadership experience. Examples may include: project leadership, workplace responsibilities, active roles in student/social organization activities, or sports
• Be outcomes-focused and a collaborative team member
• Have internship or work experience in related fields such as business or healthcare
• Exhibit excellence in academic performance -Have an interest in joining our full-time General Management Development Program within CVS Health upon graduation
You must meet the follow qualifications:
• Be enrolled in a Bachelors, Masters*, or MBA* program
• Note: Masters and MBA students will be considered if they obtained their bachelor’s degree within 18 months of starting a Master’s or MBA degree program
• Have an anticipated graduation date between May 2021 and August 2022
• Have a major, minor or concentration relevant to the position. Examples include: Business Administration, Marketing, Public Health, or similar business/healthcare related majors
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.