The Associate of Finance supports the Asset Management and Corporate teams through the management of all debt and finance workflows and through creating, processing and reporting of company invoices (i.e. invoicing, A/P, A/R, etc.). The role reports to the SVP of Asset Management.
· Provide CAM review for properties in portfolio
· Quarterly review of property financials
· Oversee weekly deposits and AP check runs
· Manage weekly accounts receivable invoicing/tracking
· Oversee the collection and distribution of information to the appropriate parties for the preparation of annual tax returns
· Calculate the debt service coverage ratio as required per loan documents
· Oversee the loan funding process every month
· Manage the cash flow projection process for each property (prepared by 3rd party) to ensure accuracy and timely delivery
· Manage the loan reporting process
· Support upper management, capital partners, and lenders by preparing various ad hoc financial analysis requests.
· Assist with administrative duties: company party planning, quarterly safety inspections, order office supplies, distribute property management communication, open mail and deliver to appropriate party, order lunch for Team on Grub Hub Monday, etc.
· Track and process construction and legal invoices with 3rd party property management companies
· Other duties as requested
- 1-3 years previous relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to learn quickly
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- QuickBooks experience
- Understanding of basic Real Estate Accounting and property financial statements or strong financial education background