The path to owning a home can be complex. We at DHI Mortgage work together with D.R. Horton, Inc. – our parent company – as their affiliated mortgage lender. Together, we offer a potential one-stop option for helping people navigate the challenges of today’s homebuilding and buying process. DHI Mortgage created the Mortgage Mastery Program, specifically designed to help graduates with the transition from college to corporate life. DHI Mortgage will provide you with professional training and career development every step of the way.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Mortgage Mastery Trainee for their Corporate Mortgage Department, in addition to locations nationwide. The right candidate will develop overall mortgage skills to prepare teammates to move into other roles including: Loan Processing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review file for correct stacking order, AU findings for initial determination and appropriate documentation.
- Review Loan Officer’s “needs list”.
- Re-review documentation in file, input any changes into the computer systems and re-run for a correct AU determination.
- Print a “credit package”.
- Submit files to Underwriting.
- Review conditions.
- Provide loan status.
- When all conditions are received, make appropriate adjustments in LOS and submit for final approvals.
- Review Loan Processor reports daily.
- Maintain accurate communication log and update LOS comments.
- Attend department staff meetings as directed by Manager.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Recent college graduate.
- Bilingual Spanish Speakers Preferred
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America’s Builder.