The path to owning a home can be complex. We at DHI Mortgage work together with D.R. Horton, Inc. – our parent company – as their affiliated mortgage lender. Together, we offer a potential one-stop option for helping people navigate the challenges of today’s homebuilding and buying process. DHI Mortgage created the Mortgage Mastery Program, specifically designed to help graduates with the transition from college to corporate life. DHI Mortgage will provide you with professional training and career development every step of the way.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an MMT-Loan Processor in the Branch Department. The Loan Processor role is to prepare and organize a home buyer’s file before sending it for approval. Loan Processors verify employment information and debt-to-income ratio. They look for any red flags in a loan application and try to resolve any problems before the file gets to closing. Most importantly, they provide a high level of customer service to our home buyers as well as builder partner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee the receipt of a file from a Loan Officer through Final Approval
- Communicate with the Loan Officer, home buyer, etc. on any items needed for the file
- Review the file for correct stacking order, Automated Underwriting (AU) findings for initial determination, and appropriate documentation. Input any changes into the computer systems and re-run for a correct AU determination. Provide the status of a file to all parties
- Submit all files to a DHI Underwriter at a Regional Underwriting Center, and review conditions when received from underwriting. When all conditions are received, make any changes necessary to the computer system and resubmit to the AU system
- Read updates and comply with all Quality Control policies, attending QC meetings as scheduled. Review all files for DHI Mortgage required checklists, and respond to all QC write-ups within 10 calendar days
- Complete pre-draws for Closing
- Submit loan files to Closing after Final Approval
- Review Loan Processor reports/dashboards, Project to Close, and Timeline Exception reports daily. The Loans in Process Report should be reviewed on a weekly basis
- Attend weekly Loan Processor meetings as directed by Branch Operations Manager
- Update comments and communication on all relevant reports
- Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
Qualifications – External
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, earned within two years, from four-year college or university
- Ability to accurately and efficiently process and record large amounts of data
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications
- Proficiency with MS Office and email
- One to two years related experience and/or training preferred
- Strong written communication skills and attention to detail
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America’s Builder.