APPLICANTS MUST BE DEDICATED TO THE LIFE SCIENCES / BIOSCIENCES FIELD, AS DEMONSTRATED BY WORK HISTORY AND FIELD OF STUDY (E.G., BIOENGINEERING, BIOLOGY, BIOCHEMICAL ENGINEERING, MOLECULAR BIOLOGY, ETC.).
THIS APPLICATION IS FOR ANALYST AND SENIOR ANALYST OPPORTUNITIES COMMENCING IN 2022. HOWEVER, DECIBIO MAY CONSIDER EXPERIENCED HIRES WHO ARE DECIBIO-READY ON DAY 1 (E.G., SENIOR ANALYSTS) FOR 2021 START DATES.
The enthusiastic DeciBio Consulting (“DeciBio”) Strategy Consulting team is seeking multi-faceted Life Science specialists who bring unique perspectives while solving business riddles. The Analyst position is based at our dog-friendly Los Angeles HQ. Select candidates may be permitted to be based at our Oakland office.
Please efficiently address the short answer questions in lieu of a cover letter.
See our profile on Vault.com (which ranks us in their 2021 Consulting 50 rankings), our website (decibio.com), and IG @ decibioconsulting. https://www.vault.com/company-profiles/management-strategy/decibio-consulting
- STRATEGY CONSULTING: We are a precision medicine-focused Strategy Consulting firm, and our separate Data Intelligence division develops novel software (e.g., Dexter, BioTrack) and other market intelligence products (e.g., DxBooks, MarketBooks, BioMAP, etc.)
- PROJECTS: Our projects cover various precision medicine markets, e.g., Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS), dPCR, Gene Editing, Single Cell, Immuno-Oncology (I/O), CAR-T, Companion Diagnostics, Liquid Biopsy, NIPT, Digital Pathology, Healthcare IT, Cell Therapies, and Patient-Centered Technology Solutions
- CLIENTS: Our clients range from start-ups to Fortune 500 firms
- OPPORTUNITIES: New hires gain early and rapid access to growth opportunities, and team members are supported in their quests to “write their own story”
Case Responsibilities – Analysts:
- RESEARCH: Guide and conduct primary research campaigns (e.g., interviews) using business intuition, interpersonal skills, and emotional intelligence; Conduct secondary research (e.g., reviewing technical and professional publications, etc.) regarding competitors, patients, customers, products, markets, etc.
- ANALYSIS: Collaborate with team members to find trends, conclusions, and recommendations based on your research, Excel models, and other data analyses
- COMMUNICATION: Create detailed PowerPoint presentations that paint the strategic story, and present these deliverables to clients
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Manage administrative aspects of projects
Benefits (among others):
- Market salary
- Profit sharing
- 401(k) plan, with contributions from DeciBio
- Health insurance plan
- Generous PTO policy, plus bonus holidays
- Dog-friendly work environment
- A supportive, collaborative, and inclusive community of “DeciBions”
- Various benefits associated with being a part of a dynamic and growing firm that empowers entry-level employees
- Targeted career nurturing, including a Career Mentor Program
- Customized workflows/paths and opportunities to carve out an applicable niche of your choice
- In response to recent events, we continue to find ways to prioritize our employees’ health and well-being, provide open-book financial and strategic transparency, and expand our business towards short- and long-term growth
Job Requirements – Analysts:
- Higher-level thinking (e.g., Intuition, emotional intelligence (EQ), a natural “business sense,” and ideation prowess)
- An athletic mind (e.g., agile, flexible, and multi-faceted, with analytical rigor/strength)
- Proactive communication and interpersonal skills
- Embodiment of DeciBio’s Cove Values (listed below)
- A love for the life sciences, including a college degree in this field
- A genuine appreciation for DeciBio’s differentiators
- A demonstrated interest in business strategy
- Superb presentation, writing, and analytical abilities
- MS Office suite experience (especially Excel and Powerpoint)
DeciBio’s Core Values:
- THOUGHT LEADERSHIP: We dive deep into pioneering areas in our specialized niche (precision medicine). Thus, all of our team members have degrees in the life sciences, and many have research/lab experience. Analysts publish their own content and are supported in developing expertise in their areas of interest.
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP: Our rapid growth is driven by dynamic self-starters. We expect our Analysts to take advantage of immediate opportunities to contribute to firm growth, lead work streams, collaborate with Partners and Managers, ideate and develop “pet projects,” and present their work to our C-suite clientele. In the past, such self-starting Analysts have created new data intelligence products and companies, contributed to the firm’s operations, led internal firm-wide initiatives, and been cited in media publications.
- COLLABORATION & SUPPORT: Our cheerful and close-knit team laughs its way through the workday and our frequent social outings. This culture and positive energy carries through to our team-oriented working dynamics.
- TRANSPARENCY: Our Analysts drive our firm’s culture and decisions. Partners share our firm’s financial results with the team. And, the entire Consulting team receives year-end profit-sharing.
- GRIT: We all love a challenge, are committed to diligent work, and have an insatiable appetite for learning. We are achievers.
- BALANCE: We compete with well-known firms but strive for work-life harmony. We travel as necessary — not exhaustively. (Approximately 0% -15% travel, depending on interests and cases, pre-quarantine.)
DeciBio Interview process. Case interviews (1st & 2nd round) will take place online, and final (3rd) round interviews may take place in person or online, depending on circumstances. First round interviews may consist of a one-way video case interview that provides candidates an opportunity to learn more about DeciBio, while helping us provide a more standardized and objective evaluation process. Final round interviews will begin in September — please reach out to email@example.com if you have reason to expedite.
For additional information, please sign up for an information session: https://boards.greenhouse.io/decibio
IG @ decibioconsulting