**Candidate MUST to have the 150 credit hours prior to starting in order to be considered for the role.**
As a new Accounting Analyst, candidates will be enrolled in Dell’s Accounting Development Program (ADP). This unique, full-time rotational program is designed for entry-level accounting professionals who want to jump-start their career while developing their technical acumen, accounting and operational knowledge, and soft skills. ADP provides participants with a robust set of accounting experiences through three year-long rotations within the accounting organization, a technical curriculum, soft skills trainings, projects, international conferences, networking opportunities, career mentorship and support for professional certification.
Our goal is to develop the next generation of accounting leaders at Dell by exposing them to a wide set of unique skills and leadership opportunities typically not afforded early in an accounting career. Our program is an ideal and unique opportunity for those driven individuals seeking a wide breadth and depth of accounting and business knowledge.
Over the course of three years, participants in the ADP will rotate through three roles on varied accounting teams. This unique opportunity to see three distinct roles over three years, and work with a variety of accounting leaders, provides our participants with a broad network and the competitive edge necessary to excel throughout their careers. Potential rotations include, among others:
Corporate Functions – Opportunities in the Corporate accounting functions include Treasury, Corporate Reporting and Accounting, External Reporting and Mergers and Acquisition Accounting.
Business/Segment Accounting – Accounting teams in the Business work with their business partners to provide accounting leadership on revenue recognition, warranty costing, and returns allowances. Opportunities in this area include Revenue Recognition, Software Accounting, Services Revenue Accounting and Services Cost Accounting.
Dell Financial Services (DFS) – DFS provides leasing services to our customers. The accounting teams support the financing portfolio accounting, footnote disclosures and related securitizations.
Operations Functions – Operations includes procurement manufacturing and distribution organizations within Dell. The accounting team provides support for these organizations ensuring product costing and manufacturing variances are properly recorded.
In addition to the yearly rotations, ADP participants take part in a structured curriculum that further expands their finance and accounting technical knowledge, as well as develops soft skills such as presentation skills, leadership and building personal brand.
Key responsibilities vary based on the specific rotation, but generally include:
· Reporting of financial results, including the reconciliation and analysis of financial transactions, as well as assets and liabilities.
· Ability to advise, consult and present to executive management on financial and/or accounting issues involving business activities for a business unit to ensure proper compliance with laws and GAAP.
· Maintain updates to business unit financial accounting and operating policies.
· Manage the maintenance of the accounting system to ensure that it accurately reflects the financial status of the business unit.
· Develop and maintain financial models and reports.
· Develop, analyze and report business unit metrics as appropriate.
· Review processes and propose recommendations for improvement.
· Present results of analysis and make recommendations to management.
· Help execute on strategic initiatives.
Upon completion of the program, participants will have developed a robust set of accounting competencies that can be utilized throughout their careers. For more information on ADP, visit:
We are seeking exceptional candidates that meet the following criteria:
· Desire to build a career in Accounting
· Accounting major enrolled in 5-year program or equivalent
· Ability and intent to obtain CPA certification
· Preference given to candidates with minimum cumulative 3.4 GPA
· Relevant internship experience
· Demonstrated leadership qualities
· Outstanding problem solving and quantitative analysis skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Comfortable working with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
· Drive for results and ability to learn on the fly
· Global experiences
· Well-rounded and involved
Positions available in Austin, Texas, and Hopkinton, Massachusetts.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status