OEM Solutions Sales Engineering Undergraduate Intern, Summer 2022
Round Rock, TX or Santa Clara, CA
Join us as a Sales Engineering Undergraduate Intern on our Global OEM Solutions Intern team to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
Work with Dell Technologies and enhance your skills. Our Global OEM Solutions organization has a Summer Internship opening for someone wishing to explore technical sales career paths and fuel their personal and professional goals. Technical sales, also referred to as “sales engineering”, “field application engineering”, or “presales engineering” is an exciting future secure profession which requires a balance of soft skills (people skills) and technology skills.
As an undergraduate intern, develop and apply workplace knowledge, building toward a specialization in Technical Sales.
- Learn about technology solutions product development within Dell Technologies OEM Solutions
- Execute hardware and software performance testing, benchmarking, and tuning
- Develop technical knowledge base (e.g. whitepaper and technical presentations) for emerging workloads: AI, Accelerators, IoT, Embedded and Edge, Software Defined X, Security, and 5G
- Engage sales and engineering leaders, account executives, sales engineering, product marketing, product
management and cross-functional teams with ad-hoc projects
- Optimize and implement technical sales tools and resources
- Gather and apply technical knowledge to complete day-to-day activities
- Work within technical sales operations: metrics, KPIs, workflows, sales activities, and tools
- Learn global sales policies and procedures, corporate workplace ethics, and organizational behaviour skills
Potential areas of responsibility include:
- Engage in real-world sales projects, campaigns, and customer events that will impact revenue and growth
- Learn and deliver Dell Technologies and Design Solutions value proposition
- Utilize sales & software tools such as: Salesforce – customer relationship management (CRM), SQL, Linux, HTML, Python, Power BI, and MS-Access
- Develop and deliver technical demonstrations and collateral for internal Dell, customers, and partners
- Research, write or develop code to test Dell Technologies platforms and solutions
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Ongoing undergraduate course work
- Productivity and excellent communications skills
- Ability to prioritize and maintain organization in day to day activities
- Ability to follow process, policies, and practices to achieve consistency and compliance
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Coding Skills or STEM major (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
- Technical knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Marketing or sales experience
- Presentation skills
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.