Controller – Global Finance and Accounting-D89650
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cutting-edge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with other experts in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?
Want to make an impact that matters? Consider Deloitte Global.
Work you’ll do:
- Conduct analysis and present financial results to internal clients and c-suite leaders
- Direct financial accounting and reporting, financial planning and analysis, budgeting and forecasting, along with expense control with a focus toward adding value and driving efficiency
- Assist clients, stakeholders and Finance leaders with operationalizing strategic initiatives and implementing processes to drive desired goals
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and ensure sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Oversee and approve accurate and timely invoicing to clients. Monitor and report on collection activities and outstanding receivables.
- Provide valuable insights and guidance geared toward delivering superior client service
- Work closely with the existing Global Finance team, leaders, and member firms on ad-hoc projects and analysis as required including c-suite initiatives along with validate analysis, solicit input and direction, and develop recommendations and implementation plans
- Design complex financial models to ensure performance targets are achieved
- Lead various scenario planning projects along with analysis of spend and identify areas for efficiencies and expense management and optimization
- Have a passion for teaming and contribute to the development of the Deloitte Global Finance team through learning initiatives and knowledge share sessions, networking events, and other areas aimed at building our global footprint and strengthening our Deloitte Global Finance brand
What you’ll be part of – our Deloitte Global Culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and implement global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has opportunities. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
How you’ll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires our people at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching, and mentoring. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you’ll receive:
Deloitte’s Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do — that’s why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- A minimum of 10 years’ related Finance work experience specifically focused on Financial Planning and Analysis
- Proven ability to build strong relationships, establish trust, identify needs, customize solutions and motivate teams to drive operational and strategic priorities
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in a logical and articulate manner with the ability to work effectively with and influence Senior Executives
- Outstanding research, analytics, and quantitative aptitude; advanced attention to detail required for success in this role
- Ability to work and manage projects both independently and with a larger team to achieve goals
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise judgment consistent with achieving organizational goals and strategies
- A thorough knowledge of financial activities including investment and expense oversight
- Experience with business cycles of accounting, including: treasury, accounts payable, account receivable, and fixed assets
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills and storyboarding
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint knowledge for financial analytics and data modelling
- CPA is preferred – the qualified candidate should possess a working knowledge of GAAP, IFRS and financial accounting
- Prior public accounting experience or working closely with external auditors preferred
- International experience preferred, either working with or for an organization that had multinational operations
- Proficient with working with a large ERP system for financial transactions