How to Apply
1. Campus Career Center Application: When applying through your Campus Career Center, you will need to submit your cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts. Please submit your resume and unofficial transcripts on both the campus career center as well as on the Deloitte career site. You may use the following naming convention when naming your documents First, Last, type of document, date (e.g., John Doe Resume_09_15_20).
2. Deloitte Website Application: You are required to apply through the Deloitte website for legal purposes. Please go to https://deloitteus.avature.net/su/d526f4adbd400414 and complete a profile. This position has a start season timing of Summer 2022.
Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory Intern – Technology
Do you thrive in times of disruption? Have a drive to be a part of the technology evolution and a passion for turning challenges and opportunities into long-term competitive advantages? As a Risk & Financial Advisory Intern in our Analytics & Technology group, you’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals across diverse industries while building your professional skills in a variety of project experiences. You’ll be involved in helping our clients identify and understand technology risk as businesses change, analyze and improve the effectiveness of governance and financial and operational control processes, offer recommendations to improve operations, and assist clients with enterprise and compliance activities.
Work you’ll do
As an Intern, you may have the opportunity to work on multiple projects leveraging your technology-related degree to help our clients more confidently make decisions to drive performance. You will help our clients embrace change, grow their business, accelerate performance, and navigate periods of crisis or controversy and emerge resilient following period of crisis or controversy.
The type of work you focus on will be influenced by your office placement and business needs. Your recruiter will be able to provide more information about our offices. Projects may be aligned to the following areas and include:
· Helping our clients advance transparency, relevance, and the quality of information
disclosed to the markets and investors so that they can meet regulatory and attestation
· Inspecting accounting systems and controls for improvement opportunities, leveraging our
methodologies to help clients improve their information technology controls or technology
risk management programs, and/or participate in the development or execution of internal
audit strategic plans
· Supporting clients with their most pressing regulatory and operational challenges. Helping
them to identify, remediate, monitor, and manage enterprise risks and create value through
implementing a compliant, resilient enterprise
· Strategic Risk: Helping clients to embrace their most strategic risks, providing a platform
of advisory services that enable senior executives to plan for, spot, assess, manage, and
respond to brand and reputational, financial, catastrophic risks and unforeseen threats that
could undermine their competitive position and jeopardize their critical assets, reputation or
· Engaging with clients to measure, assess, and advise on ways they can reduce risk as it
relates to the enterprise resource planning (ERP) platform
· Working with project team to define, plan, and execute treasury transformation enabled by
treasury management systems (TMS) that support cash and liquidity management, trade
management, hedge management & accounting, and financial risk management
Regardless of project type, your work will require:
· Proficiency in verbal and written communication skills essential to interacting with clients
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/assignments/responsibilities in
a fast-paced environment
· Problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Ability to quickly and concisely research and collect data from unique places
· Ability to synthesize data and convey information in a meaningful way
Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory helps organizations navigate a variety of risks to lead in the marketplace and disrupt through innovation. The insights of our professionals, combined with our specialized products and services, help clients learn how to embrace complexity and leverage their position of strength to accelerate performance.
· Those currently pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degrees will be considered:
o Accounting or related degree. A concentration in management information systems, business analytics or other business technology related areas is a plus
o Technology related degree such as Management Information Systems, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Data Analytics, Engineering, Information Science/Management and Math
o Other majors will be considered with a concentration in accounting or a related area
· A strong understanding of Windows Based systems and proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
· Strong academic track record (GPA of 3.2 preferred)
· Relevant work experience (e.g., internships, summer positions, school jobs)
From developing a stand-out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our people and culture
Our inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.