Does program development, professional growth, and opportunities for career advancement appeal to you? Do you want to be part of an interdisciplinary team providing assessment and evidence based interventions to youth and their families across the continuum of care? Do you want to make a positive difference in the lives of individuals with special needs?
Join our team and discover the career possibilities open to you in the ABA field!
Lead Residential Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA): As the Lead BCBA, you will work in a multidisciplinary setting with other dedicated professionals who share your same passion for generating positive clinical outcomes for individuals and families. Our unique intensive treatment approach includes a residential placement, including an in-depth assessment and implementation of function-based interventions combined with comprehensive caregiver training to ensure maintenance and generalization. BCBAs collaborate with caregivers during the assessment and discharge planning process to establish goals for the reduction in challenging behavior, instruction in functionally equivalent responses, and functional communication.
This is an opportunity for tremendous professional growth and development for an experienced BCBA who would like to expand their skill set through supervising others and gaining experience in a residential treatment center.
Being the Lead BCBA with the Devereux IDD/Autism Residential Program (STAIRS model) has its advantages!
- $2K sign-on bonus; negotiable relocation assistance
- Regular schedule for better work-life balance.
- Work primarily in a residential treatment center.
- Collaborate with knowledgeable and experienced team members across clinical specialties, including Ph.D. level behavior analysts.
- Become a part of Devereux’s extensive network of clinical professionals throughout the country.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and growth of the Devereux Texas IDD/Autism Residential Program (STAIRS model) from the beginning.
- Creativity and autonomy to create and develop additional ABA services.
- Supervise, mentor and train staff. A wonderful opportunity to develop new talent in the field.
- Lead clinical programming from intake through discharge, including pre-admission consultation, functional assessment, positive behavior support plan and function communication skill development, intensive caregiver training, and post-discharge home and school consultation.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Excellent benefits, including low-cost medical, dental, prescription drug, preventative care, and mental health. And – just added – pet insurance!
- Generous paid time off and health management leave benefits.
- Retirement plan with company match.
What is the STAIRS program?
The Lead BCBA will help shape, promote and implement our new STAIRS (Short-Term Autism Intensive Residential Services) program. The STAIRS program provides intensive autism-specific treatment for children ages 6 to 17 with severe behavioral challenges and skills deficits that have not responded to treatment in traditional community-based or residential settings. The program provides positive behavioral interventions and supports in a compassionate, trauma sensitive treatment environment. The continuum of care begins with a comprehensive, functional behavioral assessment of the individual, followed by intensive, clinical services for a period of three to six months on the Devereux League City campus, and concludes with discharge and after-care service planning. Our team of professionals includes a Board Certified Behavioral Analyst (BCBA), clinician, child psychiatrist, special education teacher, nurses, speech language therapist, residential unit supervisor, and direct care providers.
Job duties: Devereux Texas is committed to providing high-quality evidence-based treatment and supporting our team through collaboration and innovation. The Lead BCBA will be responsible for conducting appropriate assessments, designing and modifying function-based interventions, and skill acquisition treatment plans. You will mentor a team of BCBAs and technicians focusing on clinical skill development and clinical compliance, conduct assessments, oversee treatment implementation, and maintain a small caseload.
- Master’s degree with BCBA certification required
- At least two (2) years of experience working in the field of ABA and/or IDD to include two (2) years of experience performing behavioral assessments (developing, writing, implementing and evaluating individual and/or unit-wide behavioral programs) and at least one (1) year of training staff in behavioral principles and procedures.
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to attend full-time, paid new-hire orientation Monday–Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Devereux requires all individuals interviewing for positions involving contact with children to complete The Diana Screen, a screening that assesses a candidate’s understanding of appropriate boundaries between adults and children.