Assistant Buyer Fashion
Dillard’s Department Store, Inc., one of the foremost names in Department Store retailing has an exceptional career opportunity available for a talented professional to join our fashion buying team based in our regional Division offices in Gilbert, Arizona.
Work in a fast paced buying office environment for a major retail department store. An assistant buyer will monitor sales, inventory levels, trends, profitability and work closely with the buying staff and management to initiate the best direction for the product distribution within the Dillard’s West region stores. The position is an entry level executive responsibility.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support management with data and analysis.
- Work closely with an assigned buyer on all financial recaps and ensure the buyer is able to maximize the effectiveness of all reporting.
- Reports include monitoring sales, tracking orders, review sales to stock ratio and analyzing trends.
- Work in tandem with a buyer to manage the vendor performance in order to achieve all financial goals.
- Manages vendor performance and assist merchants in evaluating issues and opportunities.
- Review replenishment by door to maximize product performance and minimizing liabilities.
- Develop relationships with vendors to optimize brand names and fashion at Dillard’s.
- Professionally communicate with high level executives from within the Dillard’s organization and with our vendor partners.
- Prepare all marketing and advertising proposals related to the assigned buyer. Review and analyze advertising results.
- The position does not require travel; however, the next promotable level will require travel.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (required)
- A minimum of 1 years related retail buying experience
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A great entrepreneurial spirit is a plus
- Have a strong business analytical and math skills
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- 1 Year
APPLY FOR JOB