If you are an undergraduate or graduate student, DTE Energy offers hands-on, real work experiences to enrich your academics and prepare you for a possible career in energy. We provide different types of student roles depending on academic interest and business need. Opportunities include co-ops for both undergraduate and graduate students, summer internships for plant/field and professional roles, plus three programs for students pursuing an advanced degree or a master’s degree in business administration.
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 different states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
- Gallup Great Workplace Award for consecutive years
- Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
- Indeed’s annual “50 Best Places to Work” award for two years running
- Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For
- J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
- Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
- Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
- Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
- Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Examples of hands-on experiences during your assignment with DTE include:
- Collect data, track schedule, and budget, and report out to team weekly. Create Purchase Requests and track them from open to closure for all scheduled work. Manage files for contractor proposals and invoicing.
- Follow-up with customers to obtain the best mailing address to send a delayed refund. Tracking and monitoring the status of refund disbursement.
- Collects data and provides support in the preparation of strategic or tactical marketing initiatives in relation to potential services or markets. Develop and propose recommendations for program changes or updates.
- Supports Transportation Electrification advisory services sales processes for the Company program pipeline, including coordinating with team members, performing sales activities, and partners with project management through implementation.
- Work with other employees to organize and inventory incoming material and prepare outgoing material for pickup. Evaluate incoming and outgoing material processes to find gaps or added efficiencies.
- Assist with organizing and setting up outreach events. Calls with vendors and corporate communications to ensure proper delivery, day-of implementation, and post-event reporting.