Supports director-level members of management. Performs confidential secretarial and administrative duties. Enhances the effectiveness of executive by administering projects/programs on time and within budget. Acts with wide latitude under minimal supervision. Responsibilities are often anticipatory, multi-tasked and coordination oriented.
- Serves as primary contact and information source for executive and/or reporting organization staff members. Uses discretion to prioritize and screen calls, correspondence, and visitors.
- Regularly communicates and works closely with senior management and staff.
- Coordinates and maintains calendar for executives. Schedules appointments, and conference calls. Coordinates complex travel arrangements, accommodations, and itineraries for executive, executive’s staff.
- Prioritizes, organizes, coordinates, and monitors the completion of projects and/or assignments on behalf of the executive.
- Prepares documents, presentations, and materials to support the group’s business objectives.
- Prepares, develops, and maintains confidential personnel documents and organizational information.
- Acts as mentor/coach for other administrative personnel regarding company policies, procedures, and complex requests requiring administrative insight. Resolves administrative issues within the scope of responsibility assigned by the executive.
- Coordinates logistics of large-scale events, off-site meetings, conferences, workshops, etc.
- Provides administrative assistance to executive staff as necessary.
- Prepares required documentation summarizing business decisions according to preset corporate standards e.g. annual programs, rollouts, salary administration, Employee Selection Packages, Employee Appraisal System, business expenses, etc.
- Initiates, composes, and prepares correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, and itineraries independently and from a rough outline.
- Maintains a complete and systematic set of records of business transactions, correspondence, etc. according to preset corporate standards.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Seven years of administrative experience
- 3+ plus years of experience supporting executives (i.e. Director’s, Vice-President’s, CEO’s)
- Strong calendar management experience
- Intermediate to advanced skills in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience working in a Human Resources or Legal environment
- Project planning experience
- Must obtain an evaluation of “recommended” on the EEI SASS test.
- Demonstrated proficiency in software applications e.g: word processing, graphics presentation packages, spreadsheets, and ability to conduct researches via the Intra/Internet.
- Knowledge of corporate applications e.g: business expense reporting, time reporting, online stock procurement, personnel database system reporting.
- Ability to work independently.
- Discretion to be able to handle confidential information.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively oral and written with all levels of management, internal and external.
- Knowledge of corporate structure, organization, and policies and procedures.