The Payments, Billing & Risk organization is focused on defining innovative solutions that enable customers to safely buy and sell on the eBay platform. Managing payments for buyers and sellers requires analysis and performance management by payment option: volumes, buyer preferences, approval and decline rates, costs, settlement, post transaction returns and disputes. Your role will be critical in working cross functionally to analyze performance, identify insights and size optimization opportunities.
Successful candidates will have knowledge and studies related to data and marketing analysis and applying analysis to insights on payment processing. You should be fluid in structured thinking, able to synthesize and make recommendations based on imperfect data from multiple sources (internally and externally), ability to comprehend technical constructs and business requirements that may guide analysis, and ability to work both independently and cross-functionally. This role will be responsible for translating analysis to recommendation and strategic concept to execution for cross functional teams.
**NOTE: This role is only located in Austin, TX**
- Understand current payments capabilities, use cases and friction points
- Understand market landscape and trends to inform strategy and potential opportunities for optimization
- Partner cross functionally with business, product, engineering and analytics teams to understand constructs and opportunity areas.
- Work independently to conduct performance analysis and identify ongoing optimization opportunities of our payment capabilities
- Craft business cases to inform business requirements
- Review metrics regularly and drive action plans to increase performance
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time, degree-seeking program and in the process of obtaining a Bachelors or Masters/MBA degree no earlier than December 2021 – July 2022
- Education related to marketing and data analysis, business case creation, and optimization opportunity sizing.
- Strong structured solution skills with ability to break down large and complex problems technical integrations/constructs, and work independently and cross functionally to drive stakeholder engagement and delivery
- Ability to analyze large data sets and ability to leverage data to influence and gain stakeholder support
- Strong documentation discipline and communication skills and comfort presenting to stakeholders
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status.