eBay is a global commerce leader that allows people to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. We empower others and put people at the heart of everything we do, whether those people are our customers, our communities or our own team. At eBay, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people around the world. We are looking for individuals with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
At eBay, you will be part of a purpose-driven community dedicated to creating an ambitious and versatile work environment. In eBay Payments, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage, and inventiveness – creating the future of global commerce and making an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking for a special place to take your Payments career to the next level, we want to talk with you!
Our team is searching for a Global Seller Risk Analyst Intern. We are responsible for staying current on new risk trends and strategies by analyzing reports, engaging with global teams to identify potential issues, and conducting ad hoc statistical analysis. You will lead and manage change for the team, including developing and driving effective change plans while balancing execution and efficiency with risk mitigation. You will work on technical queries and be an excellent communicator with a can-do attitude.
Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for locations we hire for in the United States including, but not limited to: Austin, TX and Salt Lake City, UT.
- Partner effectively maintains positive relationships with Policy, Customer Operations and global cross functional teams.
- Promotes standard methodology sharing across global teams as well as within own function, supporting shared learning
- Rule Creation, Metric Monitoring, Innovation and Maintenance of documents
- Assists in maintaining rule platform, deploying rule sets, and triaging and tracking bugs
- Leads complex projects including collaboration with business unit, product management and Customer Operations
- Effectively resolve conflict, remove roadblocks and support or lead on decision-making or partner concerns that arise
- Make sound decisions in ambiguous or difficult situations, including when under pressure, and is not afraid to challenge the status quo
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Currently enrolled as a student, 0-3 years of relevant work experience in an accredited Bachelors, Masters program within the United States graduating after December 2022 or enrolled as a MBA student, 3-5 years of relevant work experience in an accredited MBA program within the United States graduating after December 2022.
- Proven analytical skills and is able to define & clearly articulate success by metrics and data driven measurements
- Strong SQL, Excel PivotTable, and other data visualization experience. At least some basic skills honed in Python, R, etc and/or ability to build useful tools for the group.
- Phenomenal interpersonal skills, communication, and influence abilities.
- Excellent presentation skills
- In-depth knowledge of Risk related policies, tools, systems
- Self Starter – Ability to work effectively in an autonomous fashion, and willingness to enable the success of partners worldwide
- Project/Change Leadership – Has successfully taken ownership of project timelines and multi-task management in the past
- Demonstrates a strong sense for doing the right thing for our customers globally