The next generation of design at eBay is here. We are looking for a passionate and collaborative UIUX Designer to join the Design team. At eBay, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage, and inventiveness – creating the future of global commerce and making an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking for a special place to take your design career to the next level, we want to talk with you.
As a Designer, you will work with fellow designers to develop innovative and user-centered experiences while developing strong collaborative relationships with our product and engineering partners. As a team, we focus on the craft of execution and the creation of innovative and intuitive solutions. You will be responsible for creating ideas, communications, and interfaces. You’ll make things — elegant, beautiful, smart things — that live across devices — that drive engagement and loyalty to eBay. You’ll need strong attention to detail, of course, as well as an eagerness to solve design problems at scale. And we’re looking for highly conceptual thinking in both visual and interaction design. We want you to blow us away with your work.
Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for locations: San Jose, CA and San Francisco, CA
THINGS THAT WE VALUE:
- Curious minds and an appetite for learning
- A passion for the craft
- A strong point of view paired with a healthy dose of humility
- Fearless brainstorming
- Ability to showcase ideas with the latest design/prototyping tools
- A user-centric and strategic approach
- Strong interest in and following the latest design trends, technology, and social
- You care about making great products and are willing to design and test to get to the best.
- You are learning skills to negotiate and evolve design with stakeholders in the project team and ensure the integrity of the design is upheld.
- You should be knowledgeable about our competitors, understand established design patterns and best practices, but always feel the need to do better.
- You have the desire to design for different technologies, devices, and mindsets.
- You love a challenge and are ready to help reinvigorate one of the internet’s biggest and best brands.
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student, have 0-3 years of relevant work experience in an accredited Bachelors or Masters program within the United States in design, interactive design, and user experience graduating December 2022+
- Understanding of Grids, Type, Color, Layout, Iconography, Imagery, Patterns, and Systems
- Understanding of all modern design tools mixed with the latest prototyping techniques
- Experience driving design and user-experience for end-to-end projects
- An online portfolio that shows a broad range of interaction design project work from web-based applications, consumer experiences, and mobile devices
- Understanding of the user-centered design process
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.