We are hiring a Data Analytics intern to join our team Summer 2021, with the opportunity to work part-time or full-time hours! This position has the option to work remotely.
Typical Day in the Life
A typical day as a Data Analytics Intern may include the following:
- You will build ETL processes to extract data from multiple sources and load into data warehouse.
- You will transform data through applying business rules, auditing and staging data.
- You will create fact and dimension tables to support reporting technologies such as OLAP cubes, Tableau, and Power BI.
- You will support senior management with analysis needed to make important decisions.
- You will use problem solving and creativity to apply appropriate metrics in the creation of compelling and thorough analysis.
- You will help identify KPI’s for departments throughout EB client companies.
- You will work within reporting technologies such as OLAP cubes, Tableau, and Power BI to develop the reports & dashboards required by clients.
Who You Are
- You must have some experience with SQL and must be proficient in excel
- You may have experience in, or be interested in learning
- SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Python programming
- Modeling data using Kimball Method (Star Schema)
- Analytical and visualization tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
- Training data science/machine learning models
- Cloud technologies and services
- Intellectual and analytical curiosity — initiative to dig into the “why” of various results and a desire to grow responsibility and become a domain expert and strategic thought leader
- You must be comfortable with uncertainty. Projects and assignments will change rapidly, so the candidate must be flexible enough to accommodate changing priorities and timelines
- You have the ability to work with different departments and teams to gather complete datasets and communicate findings and practices company-wide
- You are able to work independently and proactively, identifying issues and raising them to management, as well as offering potential solutions
- You demonstrated experience with modeling business scenarios strongly preferred
- You have a solid background in technology, mathematics, statistics, accounting, finance, or other quantitative discipline preferred
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.
What to Expect Next
We’ll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or our About Us page.