If you are a Finance, Accounting, or IT professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based at Appleton’s Rosemont, Illinois, global headquarters, you will support the global finance reporting systems, close processes, and forecasting processes. You’ll have an opportunity to work with Emerson’s Oracle ERP system and Hyperion/HFM consolidation system; building databases that focus on the sales performance, manufacturing performance and profitability of Appleton’s global business.
AS A FINANCIAL SYSTEMS & REPORTING ANALYST I, YOU WILL:
- Reconcile Oracle ERP and Hyperion close processes and key system interfaces
- Prepare sales and standard cost reporting and analyses using Oracle Discoverer reporting tools
- Manage the upload process between the Oracle ERP system and the Hyperion consolidation system for financial statements and forecasts
- Prepare management reports and analyses using Hyperion Smartview reporting tools
- Prepare reporting and analysis of trade working capital performance
- Manage headcount database for Appleton’s global operations
- Prepare quarterly and year-end reporting to support Emerson’s SEC reporting
WHO YOU ARE:
You partner with others to get work done. You ground yourself in data and focus on key metrics. You understand the meaning and implications of key financial indicators. You stay aligned with your goals and stay productive. You seek out different perspectives and flex your communication approach. You take time to ask questions and define the problem. You make learning a priority and a goal. You learn to streamline processes and cut out redundancy. You seek ways to improve processes, from small tweaks to complete reengineering.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or IT
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet strict deadlines
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience with Oracle or other large ERP accounting system
- Experience with Hyperion/HFM financial consolidation system
- Experience with general accounting concepts and close processes
- 2+ years relevant experiences; preferably at a manufacturing company
A background check and drug screening are required for employment. As this is a position of trust, a credit check will also be required.
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.