If you are a Sales professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in the San Francisco, California area (Oakland, CA or San Jose, CA), you will report to the Regional Sales Manager for the Western Region. Your job will be to offer perspectives and insights to the way customers view their business, align their insights and priorities, while tying those insights back to our product differentiators. You will be able to drive two-way communications and clearly articulate our value proposition and engage the end-customer in jointly addressing their business priorities.
The ability to define and implement sales plans, assess economic drivers and industry activity, and understand the implications on customers’ business, including new business opportunities, is important for success in this position.
AS A TERRITORY MANAGER, YOU WILL:
- Performing field product demonstrations, training, & troubleshooting with end users and distribution while driving strategic new products sales and solutions to expand markets and share
- Developing, presenting, & executing annual business plans to deliver incremental sales growth along with running a monthly/yearly sales forecast
- Developing & owning relationships with both Key Distributor Partners and End Users, being their go-to source for product, applications, & pricing program for your given market
- Supporting regional & national organizations through training and special initiative execution
- Building merchandising displays at key distributor channel partner locations
WHO YOU ARE:
You build and deliver solutions that meet customer expectations. You identify and seize new opportunities. You create teamwork allowing others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. You anticipate future trends and implications accurately. You use financial analysis to generate, evaluate, and act on strategic options and opportunities. You persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks.
Flexible Work Schedule – Remote Work Option and Core Hours
This role has the flexibility of a remote work option up to three days a week and a core hour schedule. You can choose to flex your start and stop times given you are working during the core hours of 9:00am – 3:00pm. Our teams work together to ensure our chosen work schedules enable our creativity and productivity as we serve the needs of our customers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Industrial Distribution, or other relevant fields
- Minimum 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Strong Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An eye for business with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in MS Excel & PowerPoint; CRM Application experience a plus.
- Legal work authorization in the United States – Sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience in Sales, Marketing, or technical support of B2B Sales
- Experience with distribution channels, with emphasis on industrial, plumbing, & electrical channels
- Demonstrated success in formulating, presenting, executing, & measuring a Territory Business Plan with a successful history of achieving goals and sales targets.
- Strong time management & territory leadership skills