Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Product Manager (PM) is a member of a product or solution team and is responsible for helping to drive the product strategy and requirements. Our PMs are market experts, listening to customer and prospect needs, analyzing market dynamics, and setting product direction!
A PM manages the complete product lifecycle from definition and introduction to end-of-life. They work collaboratively, driving strategic alignment within the organization, and can communicate effectively to both internal and external audiences. A PM develops requirements using a balance of future vision, near term opportunities, customer requirements, business insight, and management of day-to-day product issues. The PM will engage with executives, channel, end users, and business partners. The position is dynamic, being comfortable with frequent multi-tasking among technical business, strategic, marketing and planning activities will be helpful for success!
- Engage with customers to understand their business objections, operational constraints, and specific needs
- Define overall vision and strategy for a product / solution, including target customer persona, customer value proposition, and objectives
- Own Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), including product planning / concept definition, Minimum Viable Product (MVP) definition (when is an offering good enough for launch?), ongoing release strategy, and ultimately product retirement. Work with program management to drive the logistics of the PLM.
- Own crafting and delivering against the business goals for the product / solution
- Define capabilities and requirements for product / solution to align with overall vision and strategy; create and maintain a Market Requirement Documents (MRD) or equivalent, including a plan of Record (POR)/Roadmap
- Conduct market analyses and financial return on investment analyses to inform product / solution roadmap and prioritize product backlog
- Calmly collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Legal, Agile Product Owners, and many others, to drive decisions on backlog prioritization (e.g., customer expectations vs. engineering realities)
- Develop and deliver compelling product positioning with clear competitive differentiation and return on investment to all audiences include executives, customers, partners and analysts.
- In collaboration with Product Marketing, Sales, Corporate Marketing, Partners, and Customers, develop overall go-to-market strategy and plan, including packaging, pricing, and positioning
- Build dashboards and metrics to monitor the performance of product / solution, based on pipeline, bookings, customers, etc.
- Build excitement for the overall F5 product strategy and portfolio and specific product / solution with customers, market analysts, and internal partners with great communications, customer events and external presentations.
- Very high customer and partner engagement to receive feedback and handle escalations
- Overall accountability for the success of the product and business, creating internal transparency and business analysis for QBR’s and business reviews.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong customer orientation, able to listen, organize and champion key initiatives and projects for product development
- Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, with ability to articulate complex technology clearly
- Flexible, self-motivated, positive team mate
- Ability to work independently or lead others on projects
- Excellent leadership and persuasion skills
- Knowledge and experience in agile product development methodologies
- Experience with Public Cloud providers like AWS, Azure, GCP a plus
- Experience with F5 BIG-IP technologies a plus
- Knowledge of orchestration and automation technologies, including ansible and terraform a plus
- Knowledge of container-orchestration systems like Kubernetes a plus
- May require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 10-25% of the time spent traveling
- 2020 or 2021 graduates of BA/BS, MS, PhD programs in computer science, computer engineering or related.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.