We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
- Communicates with internal and external customers about intermediate underwriting guidelines, policies and marketing initiatives to service customer accounts.
- Utilizes competencies and skills to provide a positive customer experience.
- This is an hourly position, which ranges from $16.37-$18.83. Pay is based on relevant experience and geographical location (cost of living).
- Fully Remote – must live within 50 miles of one of the following cities:
- Las Vegas or Reno, NV
- Eugene, Salem, Bend or Medford, OR
- Salt Lake City or Sandy, UT
- Billings or Missoula, MT
- Boise, Coeur D’Alene, Meridian or Pocatello, ID
- Albuquerque or Las Cruces, NM
Essential Job Functions
- Analyze, clarify and resolve intermediate policy and account related questions from internal and external customers.
- Reviews problems and communicates with appropriate personnel to obtain information when necessary.
- Responds to customer inquiries through appropriate mediums.
- Attains performance level standards as outlined in performance objectives.
- Continues to build personal skill set by participating in in-house or outside insurance / industry related courses / seminars as deemed necessary to expand product / system knowledge.
- Stays current with relevant product(s).
- Understands and strives to support organization’s overall strategy.
- Models Farmers core values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Business Results: Meets individual performance, metrics and goals.
- Innovation: Identifies and suggests innovative process changes to support business practices.
- Communication: Above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Job Knowledge: Intermediate billing, underwriting guidelines and policy processing.
- Team Work: Accepts feedback when offered to reach full potential and works well with others in addition to incorporating best practices from others.
- Besides some sedentary work, job duties require some or all of the following physical activities: Standing, carrying/lifting up to 10 pounds, seeing and hearing, walking, reaching, pushing and pulling, and speaking, reading, and writing.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proven competency performing Service Advocate essential job function and special skills or relevant experience.
Special Skill Requirement
- Critical Thinking
- Advanced conflict resolution skills
- Consistently meeting or exceeding performance measurement goals