The primarily responsibilities of the Production Supervisor are to lead a production team to maximize productivity, while ensuring volume, cost, and quality standards are achieved and in compliance with Footprint’s policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws. The Production Supervisor ensures all products are produced to the specified parameters, ensures targets and deadlines are achieved and that employees comply with the company’s health and safety procedures. Works with plant management and other supervisory staff to assign, direct, review and monitor work of supervised staff to maximize productivity in the plant. Ensures proper procedures are in place and being followed for production efficiency, quality of product, employee safety, and state and federal guidelines. Inspect products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments to machines. Coordinates production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of production run assignments. Evaluate each station of the manufacturing process to ensure maximum efficiency. Enforce safety policies and procedures (both in-house and regulatory) to decrease the potential for employee injuries on the job. Ensure all resources and assets are used efficiently and correctly. Create and oversee an employee training schedule that emphasizes productivity and resource conservation. Assigning and directing work, addressing product and employee complaints, and resolving problems. Participates actively in LEAN, process improvement and other company initiatives. Communicate job expectations to the team; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures. Ensure compliance to workplace policies according to safety objectives. Lead a group of employees by assisting with trainings, fostering positive relationships, and being prepared to answer questions. Evaluates needs in production for daily assignment of duties; establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules. Complete all assigned paperwork, including but not limited to, production and packaging records, schedules, accident reports and investigations, and any other documents. Coordinate and conduct employee training (i.e. job, safety, etc.) and monitor work performance. Recommends improvements to production methods, equipment performance and quality of product. Ensure consistent application of company policies and procedures. Support employee progressive disciplinary action activities in partnership with Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred
- Previous experience in a supervisory capacity
- 4+ years manufacturing plant experience
- Working experience with equipment and maintenance
- Working knowledge of MS applications including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and ability to grasp additional business-related applications
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and carry loads of 50+ lbs.
- Experience in manufacturing processes
- Strong mechanical background with processing and packaging machinery
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development