Job Description & Qualifications
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. And as you start your career journey, we also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. We’ve got incredible plans for the future of mobility – and your future, too! We’re working on some pretty amazing things, including autonomous and electric vehicles, data centers, micro services, and cloud computing. You can play a key role in the development of our innovations as part of the Ford College Graduate Program.
What you’ll be able to do:
With the Ford College Graduate (FCG) Program, you’ll experience a wide variety of rotational, developmental job assignments during your first three years with us. The program includes:
- In-depth orientation and training
- Individual involvement in planning and selecting assignments
- Mentoring by senior management
- The opportunity to influence the design of future mobility solutions!
Spurring innovation and delivering world class vehicles is only possible with the commitment and partnership of our supply base to deliver highest quality parts, on time, at committed capacity, and with the optimum cost. Our Supplier Technical Assistance (STA) Engineers play a critical role in achieving our goals with intense focus on robust supplier selection during the sourcing process, establishing manufacturing feasibility on new technologies, delivering successful supplier launch of new model parts, ensuring supplier quality & manufacturing systems sustainability, and driving lean manufacturing principles. Our STA Engineers represent Ford Motor Company at supplier manufacturing facilities across North America.
Purchasing’s STA Ford College Graduate (FCG) Rotational Program provides a thorough orientation to the Purchasing STA function. Your responsibility grows as fast as you can handle it, giving you an opportunity to make a major contribution to our products and success. As an FCG, you will be provided ongoing mentoring and career counseling. At the conclusion of your program, you move on to an assignment based on your abilities, interests, and the needs of the company.
Responsibilities will vary based on position and project:
- Interfacing and managing relationships with Manufacturing, Product Development, Logistics and other Purchasing groups
- Managing the launch of new model parts and change management actions
- Partnering with the Ford Product Development team to reduce current model warranty
- Leading efforts to continuously improve supplier manufacturing quality and capability
- Coaching suppliers on proper development / deployment of Quality Operating System techniques
- Leading emergency problem resolution onsite with suppliers
- Assessing suppliers installed part capacity
- Working effectively with diverse people and cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering – specifically Electrical, Chemical, or Manufacturing Engineering,
- Available for full time employment by September 2022
- 3.0 GPA (4.0 Scale)
- 0-3 years of related work experience
- Must be willing to relocate to the Southeast Michigan area
- Must have a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Ability to Travel Required – up to 70% depending on position & project