At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking and User Experience methods, you will work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting and sustainable ideas to life.We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies and more!
What you will be able to do
In this exciting and important role, you will lead the development and maintenance of the data infrastructure, extract, transform, load (ETL) and data processing strategy for our Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) features. These systems may include such important innovations as adaptive cruise control, pre-collision assist, park assist, etc. You will:
- Lead efficient data transfer from real-world data collection trips onto central servers
- Create, design, develop and maintain the system that consolidates real-world data from a variety of sources/endpoints using innovative extract, transform, and load (ETL) methods
- Convert data into a structured format for rapid analysis with Tableau, QlikView, etc.
- Understand, quantify and track the flow of data end-to-end from the test vehicle through data analysis to evaluate the processing chain for bottlenecks and efficiency improvements
- Work with IT teams to ensure infrastructure needs (e.g. ingestion servers, storage, connectivity speeds, data transfer methods, HPC interfaces, etc.) are put in place and support budgeting estimates to ensure infrastructure needs can be accommodated
- Lead coordination of ADAS re-simulation execution and timely data deliveries of generated data to support feature validation efforts
- Create custom scripts to consume/partition data for specific use-cases needed by various feature owners (e.g. pre-collision assist data separate from adaptive cruise control data, etc.)
- Visualize processing workflow and data statistics/reports using best-in-class analytics tools (e.g. Tableau, QlikView, etc.)
- Collaborate with team to develop an automated data processing chain to support data analysis, event review and issue generation (e.g. JIRA, etc.) activity
- Work with suppliers to integrate internal processes with other data collection systems to ensure data associated with identified issues can be provided to the supplier and tracked end-to-end
The minimum requirements we seek
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience developing and/or maintaining data collection, extraction, transformation, loading (ETL) methods, processes and/or infrastructure
Our preferred requirements
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in data operations, data analysis or data engineering
- Developing reports and dashboards using Excel, Tableau, QlikView, Alteryx or other industry standard tools
- Experience with Big Data, Data Warehousing and Database industry standard tools
- Knowledge of connected vehicle technology
- Understanding of test statistics and analysis
- Experience with Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) features (e.g. Adaptive Cruise Control, Pre-Collision Assist, Park Assist, etc.)
- Software engineering and algorithm development experience.
- Development time in any language (e.g. C, C++, Python, Matlab, Simulink, etc.)
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to work within a fast paced, team environment
What you will receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf