At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking and User Experience methods, you will work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies and more!
What you will be able to do
- Work with core architecture engineers, system engineers and suppliers to develop control module requirements
- Manage software development and issue solving by supplier to deliver control module software
- Responsible for all software related work by suppliers
- Participate in sourcing efforts for automotive control modules
- Analyze field/vehicle data to debug control function issues
- Support module Design and Release Engineer to release software, Part 2 spec and related documents
- Support system level testing to validate control functions in electrical breadboard and vehicle
The minimum requirements we seek
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience designing software using Matlab, Simulink and/or Stateflow
- 2+ years of experience designing software with C/C++ programming language
- 2+ years of automotive engineering experience with entire software development process of a control module including design, coding, debugging and testing
Our preferred requirements
- Familiar with MISRA for automotive software
- Familiar with CANalyzer and CANoe tool for testing and CAPL script for field debugging
- Familiar with Matlab modeling, code generation, debugging and model testing
- Ability to support code review to be able to verify critical module functionality
- Understanding of CAN multiplex communications
- Understanding of LIN communications – co-developing message lists with effected module owners
- Work with supplier to define Diagnostics Information
- Cursory knowledge of DIN, ISO15118 and SAE J1772 standards
- Knowledge of high voltage automotive systems and electric and/or hybrid electric vehicle systems
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills, self-motivated, eager to take ownership and deliver results with minimal direction
- Demonstrated experience working with multi-functional teams and driving product development issues to resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What you will receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf