At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
The Embedded Infotainment Software Developer is responsible for developing Embedded infotainment software products. This includes developing middleware software to support features for navigation, media, entertainment, phone, voice, and vehicle interfaces.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Develop middleware software to support application layer for Ford’s SYNC infotainment system
- Develop C++ middleware software services for Ford’s SYNC infotainment system
- Develop Android Frameworks services in Java and C++ to support Android applications
- Design, document, integrate, and test APIs / SDKs that provide services for: media, phone, navigation, speech–recognition, mobile device connectivity, and CAN network communication
- Integrate, build, and release software for Ford SYNC platform
- Leverage in-depth understanding of the platform architecture to assess and participate in the technical design, feasibility, and planning process
- Analyze and root cause software defects and provide robust software solutions
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience developing software for automotive, embedded, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- 1+ years of C/C++ software development experience
- 1+ years of software development experience utilizing functions and features of Realtime Operating System (RTOS), QNX or Linux OS
Our preferred requirements:
- 4+ years of experience in developing middleware software for automotive, embedded, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- 3+ years of experience developing middleware software services for automotive, embedded, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- 3+ years experience developing software using C++
- 2+ years experience developing software using Java
- 2+ years experience developing software using C
- 2+ years of Linux or QNX software development experience
- 2+ years of software development experience using Object Oriented programming
- 2+ years software development experience on Android OS platform
- 1+ years of experience with communication protocols: CAN, TCP/IP, USB, Bluetooth, and/or Wi-Fi
- Proficiency with revision control including: git, subversion, or equivalent
- Working knowledge and experience developing an infotainment feature technology, such as navigation, voice recognition, media phone, or a similar technology
- Experience with Agile methodology and with Jira, backlogs, iterations, user stories, or similar Agile Tools
- Automotive product development process and quality experience (i.e., A-SPICE, FMEA, etc.)
- Experience with Automation test framework for Unit Level testing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf