At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
What you’ll be able to do:
As a software developer the candidate will be involved in full lifecycle of embedded software development on Ford infotainment system. Developers will be responsible for working on the next generation application frameworks which are to provide various common services and APIs for the UI applications and services. The software development is primarily in C++, Java, Kotlin.
- Develop C/C++/Java/Kotlin-based frameworks for the company’s infotainment system
- Work on proof of concepts for next generation infotainment systems
- Implement APIs to tie into the graphical user-interfaces
- Participate in system design, documentation, and testing to deliver a best-in-class infotainment system
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related scientific field
- 2+ years C/C++/Java/Kotlin software development experience on automotive, embedded, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- 2+ years of experience with unit-testing and mock frameworks
- 1+ year(s) experience with developing software leveraging Agile concepts such as SCRUM, SAFe, or Kanban
Our preferred requirements:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of C++/Java/Kotlin software development experience on embedded, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- Familiarity with Agile development processes
- Multi-process, multi-tasking or multi-threaded based applications
- Embedded operating systems (Linux, Android or QNX)
- Experience developing software on Android and QNX OS based platforms
- Automotive product development process and quality experience (i.e., A-SPICE, CMMI, FMEA, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with communication protocols: CAN, TCP/IP, USB, Bluetooth, Ethernet, and/or Wi-Fi
- Proficiency with revision control including: Git, Subversion, or equivalent
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf