At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. And as you start your post-MBA career journey, we also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. We’ve got incredible plans for the future of mobility – and your future, too! We’re working on some pretty amazing things, including autonomous and electric vehicles, data centers, micro services, and cloud computing. You can play a key role in the development of our innovations as part of the Ford Business Leader Program (FBLP).
The Ford Business Leader Program (FBLP) is a cross-functional leadership development program crafted to develop the future general managers and executive leaders of Ford Motor Company. We are looking for hardworking leaders who are driven to positively impact the world around them and prefer to reinvent the future rather than make incremental improvements on the status quo. Our industry is constantly evolving, and Ford isn’t playing catchup. We are reinventing everything about our products and the way that we interact with and add new value for our customers. As an FLBP candidate, you will immediately step into a high-impact role shaping the future for Ford, the industry, and our customers.
As we craft that future, Ford Motor Company will change the game while continuing to leverage our core proficiencies: extraordinary product development and manufacturing expertise, an outstanding empathy for the customer, and a scale that few can match. We started by electrifying the most popular sports coupe in the world with the Mustang Mach-E, which won the 2021 North American Utility Vehicle of the Year as well as Car and Driver’s 2021 EV of the Year. In 2022, Ford will be taking the F-Series, the best-selling vehicle in the US every year since 1982, all-electric with the F-150 Lightning.
But our ambition goes beyond leading the electrification revolution. We are building an always-on relationship with our customers that redefines what it means to own and drive a Ford or Lincoln vehicle. Our vehicles are no longer frozen in time when they roll out of the factory. Instead they get better and smarter as we add software-defined features and capabilities through our tech stack that we call Blue Oval Intelligence. Later this year, the Mustang Mach-E and F-150 will be the first vehicles to receive BlueCruise, our hands-free driving system, delivered wirelessly to customers’ vehicles via an over-the-air software update. Going forward, we’ll demonstrate this tech stack to deliver personalized, data-driven experiences and enable new business models.
The FBLP consists of three 12-to-18-month rotational assignments spanning Strategy, Marketing, and Finance. Each assignment is tailored to the background and developmental goals of the individual and is designed to challenge and develop the candidate, provide exposure across broad cross sections of the organization, and use the FLBP candidate as a motivator for change and transformation. Past FBLP rotations span our value chain and include Advanced Product Marketing Supervisor for an all-new BEV SUV, International Markets Group Strategy Manager, Mobility Strategy Manager, and Treasury Capital Strategy Manager. As a member of the FBLP, you will be assigned an Executive Sponsor and matched with an Executive Mentor, both of whom will provide support, guidance, and connections to help you succeed and maximize your potential.
If you have a passion for mobility, technology, general management, and complex global challenges, we invite you to join us in our purpose: To help build a better world, where every person is free to move and pursue their dreams.
Ford business leader program highlights
- Three 12-to-18-month rotational assignments spanning Strategy, Marketing, and Finance, and tailored to your background and developmental aspirations
- High-impact and groundbreaking roles, driven by candidates’ interest, which have included:
- AV Strategy Manager
- Brand Manager for the Mustang Mach-E
- FordPass Charging Network Business Owner
- Finance Manager, BEV SUV Program
- Chief of Staff for Executive Chair, Bill Ford
- Partnership with an Executive Sponsor and Executive Mentor who will help drive your growth and success
- Monthly Skip Level Meetings with leaders from around the company to broaden exposure and learning
- Regular social events including happy hours, parties, and family get-togethers with the FBLP cohort
- A flawless track record of FBLP members promoted to more senior management roles upon graduation
- A strong network of program participants, alumni, and champions in leadership positions throughout the company who are eager to help and support each other
- A diverse workplace where leaders are deeply committed to further increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion at all levels of the company
- A flexible, hybrid work model where employees are encouraged to work remotely to the extent their responsibilities allow, and the office is used primarily for purposeful in-person collaboration
- Compensation and benefits that are designed to attract top MBA graduates and include six weeks of paid holidays and vacation, an excellent 401k program with company contributions, a bonus incentive program, and access to the management lease vehicle program
- Anticipated graduation from an MBA program in 2022
- Two years of experience in management consulting, technology, investment banking, or other relevant industry
- Three years of experience in management consulting, technology, investment banking, or other relevant industry
- Passion for working in a fast-paced, complex global environment and an aptitude for rapidly developing business acumen and capacity
- Validated leadership skills including the ability to educate, empower, and influence others
- Strong interest in automotive and mobility products and services
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit: