At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Enterprise Connectivity team. Utilizing Design Thinking & User Experience methods, you’ll work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We’re seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting, and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies, and more!
We are looking to fill a Full Stack Software Engineer position within the Enterprise Connectivity organization. The role will work on a balanced team and collaborate with a Product Owner, Product Manager, and Product Designer to deliver products to support our customers. The team will deliver a portfolio of products providing robust customer experiences across the globe. The Full Stack Software Engineer will deliver value through Agile software development practices in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Define, design, develop, deploy and support services and applications in a micro service / cloud-based architecture environment.
- Ensure functional and non-functional quality and timely delivery using Agile and Lean principles.
- Adopt extreme programming practices including paired development, test driven development, and continuous delivery to release early and often.
- Collaborate and work closely together with a balanced team of developers.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of Java/Kotlin development experience building micro service and cloud-based solutions using Spring Platform (Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud) (including internship/co-op/course work)
- 2+ years of web service delivery experience (using REST) for backend services (including internship/co-op/course work)
- 1+ years of experience with cloud environments (Google Cloud Platform, Google Kubernetes Engine, Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS or similar) (including internship/co-op/course work)
- 1+ years of experience with Test-Driven Development and Agile Methodologies
- 1+ years of pairing/mobbing/ensemble programming experience
Our preferred requirements:
- Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Experience with software development tools (backlog management, source code management, automated and unit test management, CI/CD, etc)
- Familiarity with eXtreme programming
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively
- Strong communication skills and ability to think above and beyond baseline requirements.
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf