At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
It takes outstanding people from every background imaginable to make our ambitious plans for the future a tangible reality. As part of our Human Resources team, you’ll help us attract, hire and retain the top talent we need to achieve our bold vision. You’ll play a vital role in defining, developing and maintaining the winning culture that empowers diverse individuals to work together and build the impossible. We’re seeking change leaders, talent strategists, employee advocates and culture architects to enable our teams, partners, and businesses to do and be their best. Come join the “people” people!
What you’ll be able to do:
· Our union workforce is essential for delivering the innovative products that will drive our organization forward. In this key position, you will oversee the day-to-day functions of the Labor Relations Office. You will serve a vital role in maintaining positive union/management relations. You will handle:
- Fostering an effective, inclusive work environment / culture and relationships, balancing employee advocacy with stewardship of company goals and values
- Building strong relationships with operations partners, union representatives, HR colleagues and experts, and other business partners to jointly deliver business objectives and resolve issues
- Coordinating and assist in UAW contract negotiations, implementation and ongoing administration of the Master and Local Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Leading HR efforts to investigations, governmental inquiries / charges, grievance resolution, performance and absence management, complaints of unfair employment practices / discrimination, and disciplinary action
- Analyzing data and use of technology to proactively identify and diagnose business needs / opportunities and develop solutions to meet those needs
- Investigating and preparing responses to grievances
- Coordinating the medical placement and manpower planning process
- Supporting Personnel Relations activities as required
- Supporting hourly personnel recruiting and hiring as required
- Supporting all Health and Safety activities as required
- Administering hourly employee matters
· Work is in a manufacturing environment, with rotating shift work (including nights and weekends, as assigned).
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources
- 1+ years of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint experience
Our preferred requirements:
- Experience working with the UAW or other labor union
- Demonstrated experience delivering HR process improvements
- Proven exceptional conflict management skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Outstanding leadership, interpersonal, teambuilding, and communication skills
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://clicktime.symantec.com/34jag92XUFJYHaNge9RMLCD7Vc?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcorporate.ford.com%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fcorporate%2Fus%2Fen-us%2Fdocuments%2Fcareers%2F2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf