At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
The Infotainment Software Developer – Human Machine Interface (HMI) and Applications is
responsible for creating HMI (screens, widgets, etc.) and Application software for Ford’s Sync infotainment system to allow user to interact with features such as navigation, media, entertainment, phone, voice, and vehicle settings. Software development is primarily developed in Java, Kotlin, C++.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Develop Android software applications for Ford’s SYNC infotainment system
- Implement human machine interfaces (HMI)/graphical user interfaces (GUI) using Java and Kotlin
- Develop C++ application layer software for Ford’s SYNC infotainment system
- Design, document, integrate, and test APIs / SDKs that provide services for: media, phone, navigation, speech–recognition, mobile device connectivity, and CAN network communication
- Leverage in-depth understanding of the platform architecture to assess and participate in the technical design, feasibility, and planning process
- Analyze and root cause software defects and provide robust software solutions
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related scientific field
- 2+ years of experience in developing software for automotive, embedded, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- 2+ years of experience in developing Graphical User Interface (GUI) software for automotive, embedded, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- 1+ years of Java or Kotlin software development experience OR 2+ years of C++ software development
- 1+ years of software development experience using Object Oriented programming
Our preferred requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 4+ years of experience in developing Graphical User Interface (GUI) software for automotive, embedded, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- 3+ years of experience in developing software application using Java or Kotlin
- 3+ years of experience in developing software application using C++
- 2+ years of software development experience using Object Oriented programming
- 2+ years software development experience in Android Applications
- 1+ years of experience with communication protocols: CAN, TCP/IP, USB, Bluetooth, and/or Wi-Fi
- Proficiency with revision control including: git, subversion, or equivalent
- Working knowledge and experience developing an infotainment feature technology, such as navigation, voice recognition, media phone, or a similar technology
- Experience with Agile methodology and with Jira, backlogs, iterations, user stories, or similar Agile Tools
- Automotive product development process and quality experience (i.e., A-SPICE, FMEA, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf