At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As a key member of our Information Technology group, you’ll play a critical part in shaping the future of mobility. If you’re looking for the chance to leverage advanced technology to redefine the transportation landscape, enhance the customer experience and improve people’s lives, this is the opportunity for you. Join us and challenge your IT expertise and analytical skills to help create vehicles that are as smart as you are.
Advanced Manufacturing IT/Vision Systems Product Line is responsible several applications used by Manufacturing team. One of the applications that the product line supports is Mobile AI Vision System (MAIVS) which is a COTS application and deployed on Manufacturing Plant Floor in several Ford Plant facilities. MAIVS is a rapid response system that is quickly deployable to plant floor where quality improvements are needed. The system uses computer vision and machine learning for real-time defect identification to alert operators of defects. We are a Product Driven Team and work with several teams/entities to provide solution to the plants.
What you will do:
- Become knowledgeable in Plant/MFG Quality process, tools & methods
- Implement and support the integration with COTS application in Manufacturing
- Work with GDIA team and Vendor to develop Enterprise Dashboard for application metrics
- Administer Linux servers to support COTS application
- Setup/Support the Apple iOS edge devices for the COTS application
- Work with cross functional teams for edge device issue resolution
- Log and track incident tickets during downtime
- Support Manufacturing IT products, vendors and business customers
- Develop and publish required support documentation
- Maintain and manage a backlog of user stories
- Identify and prioritize all product team deliverables and work on the backlog
- Review support/defect efforts and prioritize in backlog
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or closely related field of study
- 3+ years of experience using Linux
- 3+ years of experience with systems architecture concepts
- 3+ years of experience with authentication concepts like LDAP or ADFS
- Experience building strong teams and relationships with business partners (internal and external)
- Working knowledge of Python, SQL, DBMS, WebSphere and DB2 a plus
- Experience in one or more of the following domains: Vision Systems / IoT / Manufacturing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in varying areas of business and IT
- Experience in supplier management
- Experience working independently as well as on a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Experience in analyzing business systems architecture
- Knowledge of Container as a Service (CaaS) is a plus
What you will receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf