At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking and User Experience methods, you will work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies and more!
What you will be able to do
Our Product Development Driver Assist Technology (DAT) team is seeking a Model Based Software Development Tools Engineer to assist with the rollout of necessary tools needed by software developers. You will:
- Be responsible for evaluation, maintenance, documentation and support of tools (e.g. data dictionary, version control, unit testing, Matlab/Simulink, auto-coding, calibration, AUTOSAR authoring, custom scripts, etc.)
- Understand the software development team needs, provide solutions and present such solutions
- Be part of an Agile team, collaborating through standups and all necessary scrum meetings
- Learn many software tools, collaborating with vendors to communicate tool requirements and issues
The minimum requirements we seek
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience in embedded software development
- 2+ years of experience in controls algorithm development and/or auto-coding using Matlab/Simulink
- 1+ year of experience using version control tools (e.g. Github, ClearCase)
- 1+ year of experience performing model in the loop testing
- 1+ year of experience using calibration tools (e.g. CANape)
- 1+ year of experience developing software in an AUTOSAR architecture
- 1+ year of experience writing scripts using high level languages (e.g. Python, Perl, MATLAB)
Our preferred requirements
- Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in model based development and auto-coding
- 2+ years of experience performing model in the loop and software in the loop testing
- Automotive experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong understanding of CI/CD pipeline
- Solid experience developing application software components in an AUTOSAR architecture
What you will receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf