At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As a People Scientist, you will leverage people data and research to solve business problems. You will lead projects that are global, enterprise-wide, science-based, and transformational in nature. You will integrate external research and internal datasets to understand Ford’s talent strategy today and help shape its future. This role will require you to understand industry trends, business objectives, and workforce dynamics. You will use data to develop insights, forecasts, metrics, and recommendations to inform decisions about our talent and people strategy. This position will have the option of working remotely.
Examples of projects led by this team include:
- Delivering comprehensive employee sentiment studies using active and passive data sources
- Creating robust, engaging, science-based leader capability assessment and feedback systems
- Tracking our company’s culture transformation
- Conducting return-on-investment studies for key HR initiatives
- Launching pre-hire assessments that are predictive and fair as well as highly engaging and informative
- Evaluating talent diversity and prototyping solutions to enhance pipelines and candidate pools
- Testing alternative, evidence-based approaches to performance management
What you’ll be able to do:
- Manage internal research studies to explore new and effective ways to solve workforce problems
- Collaborate across the company (e.g. HR, Legal, Operations, Finance, and Business Strategy) to understand needs, uncover questions, align perspectives, and use data to inform Ford’s workforce strategy
- Gain a strong understanding of Ford’s business objectives. Use a combination of internal and external data to generate insights about the workforce to support those goals
- Lead initiatives to identify strategic workforce skill requirements, where critical skill gaps might exist, and how to close them
- Help Ford understand the possession and proficiency of strategic skills in our workforce
- Identify, prepare, and analyze internal people data to answer business questions and inform talent strategy
- Leverage robust measurement tools (e.g., surveys) and qualitative approaches to understand employee sentiment about key issues
- Review external research and industry case studies to remain current on people science trends
- Create and present high-impact data visualizations, communications, and data “stories” alongside clear, compelling recommendations
- Train and support HR partners and business leaders to interpret and use data. Research, identify and recommend self-service tech solutions as appropriate.
- Support the Talent Analytics team’s efforts on an as-needed basis across a variety of talent initiatives (may include surveys, assessments, job analysis, performance management, etc.)
The minimum requirements we seek:
- PhD/ABD with 2+ years’ experience (grad or post grad), or Master’s degree with 5+ years’ experience (grad or post grad) in a field emphasizing business, analytics, and/or people science in organizations (e.g., Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Business Administration, Business Analytics, Economics, Management, Organizational Behavior, Data Science, Computer Science or Engineering)
- 2 + years grad or post-grad experience using research methods, data management, and analytics to understand relationships among variables/data points
- 2+ years of grad or post-grad experience using data preparation/manipulation/analysis/visualization tools including R, Python, SQL, Tableau, and/or QlikView
Our preferred requirements:
- Doctoral degree in a field emphasizing business, analytics, and/or people science in organizations (e.g., Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Business Administration, Business Analytics, Economics, Management, Organizational Behavior, Data Science, Computer Science or Engineering)
- 3+ years’ experience in People Analytics, HR, Marketing, Market Research, Strategy, Consulting, or Workforce Planning roles
- 3+ years of experience conducting research and/or data analysis in an organization or consulting environment, including formulating questions with customers, collecting and analyzing data, generating insights, and sharing results with various types of audiences
- Knowledge, experience, and understanding of survey design and analysis
- Natural curiosity to solve complex problems in creative ways
- Knowledge of/experience with machine learning and natural language processing
- Ability to communicate complex ideas/findings clearly and concisely
- Knowledge of best practices and research supporting excellent forecasting and measurement
- Familiarity with designing and setting up intuitive data visuals and online dashboards
- Interest in trends / emerging areas of people science
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf