At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
This is a unique opportunity to join the advanced group within a fast-moving, tech focused team currently exploring the edge of possibility of in-vehicle Digital Experience. We move with speed and purpose, all with one goal in mind: serving the vehicle customer in new and unimagined ways.
What you’ll be able to do:
As a Senior Product Designer, you will create compelling and thoughtful in-vehicle user experiences. You will translate requirements into high-fidelity design artifacts that elevate and enhance the vehicle cockpit experience. Additionally, you will work cross-functionally to develop and manage prototypes, interactive models and demos.
- Visually express brand vision and definition through user interface design for in-vehicle experiences
- Apply a keen sensibility around layout, color, typography and behavior in expressing design executions
- Exhibit passion for emerging technologies, new interaction models, product design, and excellence in visual design
- Execute UX vision utilizing motion and prototypes as a primary means of delivery
- Demonstrate strong collaboration, communication, and organization skills
- Able to balance work within a fluid creative design environment and with tight timelines and engineering frameworks
- Coordinate interface solutions with Program Managers and Product Managers for specific assignments
- Utilize software skills in latest versions of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision Cloud, InVision DSM and UX prototyping tools
- Employ a systematic approach to solving large, complex design challenges
- Pivot mindset from creative-thinker to production mindset to expose implementation efficiencies and reduce design debt
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment. Be open and willing to collaborate with a diverse set of digital designers
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of professional UX/UI Product Design experience or in lieu of professional work experience, an advanced design degree
Please include a link to your portfolio in your resume.
Our preferred requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interactive Design, Communication/Graphic Design, UX Design or related field
- Exceptional visual design skills with sensitivity to intelligent system interactions
- Understanding of Atomic Design Principles
- Background working with and building Design Systems
- Familiarity with Agile Methodologies
- Prototyping abilities (e.g. Invision, Protopie, Flinto, After Effects)
- Versed in Human-Centered design thinking approach, techniques and philosophy
- Understanding how design and code work together as a cohesive whole
- Automotive UI/HMI experience is preferred but not required
- Candidates that have strong creative work experience in digital product design solutions (mobile, web, app) are also a fit
- Excellent concepting, written, oral and visual communication skills
- Current with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf