Foxconn Industrial Internet (Fii), is a world leading professional design and manufacturing service provider of communication network equipment, cloud service equipment, precision tools and industrial robots. FII provides customers with intelligent manufacturing services for new forms of electronic equipment products centered on the industrial Internet platform.
The Buyer will be responsible for purchasing non-key component buys and assist on purchasing activities of key components. This role will require interfacing with factories located in China & Taiwan, which will require communication in both English and Mandarin.
Job Responsibilities Include:
· Obtain quotations and review bids for non-key component.
· PO placement, expedite and de-expedite material per changes of MRP schedules.
· Follow up on material shortage and take initiative on second sourcing.
· Lead time validation on material.
· Process RTV material.
· Resolve invoicing issues and discrepant material problem.
· Negotiate price for assigned items or commodity.
· Cost reduction on materials.
· Other Duties as Assigned.
Education Requirements and Ideal Experience Includes:
· B.S in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, or other technical field.
· Ideally 1-3 years of supply chain, planning, or logistics experience within manufacturing environments, automotive preferred.
· Ideally has engineering or technical experience, within manufacturing preferred but not required.
· Willing to learn Automotive mindsets, core tools, AIAG standards.
· Project planning and management skills. Ability to support multiple projects and balance priorities through planning, execution, and leadership.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, English & Mandarin.
· Strong coaching, facilitation and organizational skills.
Foxconn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Foxconn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.