Job Title: Buyer
Department: Supply Chain
San Jose, CA
About the job:
FULL-TIME/TEMPORARY (6 MONTH PROBATION), PERM. CONVERSION AFTER PROBATION
JOB FUNCTION: As a Buyer, you will be tasked with maintaining a purchasing database. You will be responsible for purchasing non-key component buys and assist on purchasing activities of key components.
EDUCATION: B.A. or the equivalent
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 1-2 years of material experience
LANGUAGE: English proficiency required, Mandarin is a plus (Not required)
- Academic functional skills needed to perform assigned tasks
- Computer literate
- Strong communication skills
- Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Collaborative skills
- Obtain quotations and review bids for non-key components (C parts)
- PO placement, expedite and de-expedite material per changes of MRP schedules
- Follow up on material shortage and take initiative on second sourcing
- Lead time validation on material
- Process RTV material
- Resolve invoicing issues and discrepant material problem
- Negotiate price for assigned items or commodity
- PPV management
- ECO management
- Excess inventory management
- Cost reduction on materials
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or marital status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
About Foxconn/NSG Technology
Foxconn, also known as Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., is the world’s largest contract manufacturer of electronics, with factories worldwide. Foxconn employs over 1 million people worldwide. It’s best known for making iPhones and other Apple devices but its long list of customers includes Sony Corp., Dell Inc., HP, Cisco, Microsoft, Nokia, and Amazon.
Foxconn acquired a majority stake in Japan’s Sharp Corp. for $3.5 billion in 2016, in the first foreign takeover of a major Japanese electronics company.
Our division is part of the FG Group with over $32B annual revenue. Key product segments are Networking, Storage, Server Products and Data Center – Cloud solutions market. Our group offers solutions and channels to customers ranging from complete design and end market assistance to ODM, JDM and EMS within a vertically integrated supply chain. Our site works closely with primary fulfillment points geographically from Shenzen and Nanning China, Vietnam, India, Czech Republic, Brazil, and Mexico.