Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world’s largest publicly traded copper producers, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Responsible for evaluating existing or proposed systems, implementing, integrating, monitoring, and optimizing Responsible Production and Sustainability and ESG (RPS/ESG) strategies, processes, systems and methodologies to support global operations, corporate objectives and initiatives. Directly responsible for defining, supporting and implementing the RPS/ESG collection of systems including upgrades or reimplementation of the platforms.
- Manage early “Initiation” activities for G&A system solutions to meet business needs for RPS/ESG business areas. Responsible for ensuring system analysis designs and process maps are documented and communicated with business executives and senior management.
- Work closely with RPS/ESG business areas globally, define business-centric MIS requirements and evaluate available and/or custom system solution options
- Work with the custom, packaged, business intelligence, and operations platform project teams on building and executing RPS/ESG business systems project plans and support.
- Analyze and identify business and systems needs in terms of functional and technical requirements
- Coach other team members to develop stronger functional and technical skills for the applications which they are aligned to support
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Environmental Engineering or related field, and
- Eight (8) years of experience in information services, process technology field with previousl data modeling experience, which includes five (5) years of experience with responsible production and ESG systems definition.
- Strong understanding of Agile and leading design thinking workshops
- Strong understanding of responsible production and ESG frameworks
- Experience with Enablon and Cority
- Scrum Master certification
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Occasionally work may be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- Must be able to frequently, sit, stand, and walk
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to ten (10) pounds
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability