About the Role
The Data Science Team at Gap Inc. is a research team that applies techniques from operations research and machine learning to drive business benefits for Gap Inc. and its brands. The team’s focus is creating analytical capabilities to support product operations at Gap Inc.
During your internship you’ll have the opportunity to specialize in either data science or data engineering. Areas of expertise include: customer analytics, demand forecasting, inventory replenishment, inventory and supply chain optimization, product testing, flexible inventory and supply chain initiatives.
- Work alongside our Digital Data & Analytics team and fellow interns on production level projects
- Use the latest tools, and technologies in the field- harnessing vast pools of information available in our brands’ data systems
- Develop data product tools, such as dashboards and mapping tools
- Apply analytical and data science methods (regression, clustering, classification, text analysis) to real world datasets to solve ongoing business problems
- Present results of your project to team members, business partners, and Gap executives
- Meet Sr. Data Scientists, advanced analytics experts, and Product Managers to understand the role that analytics play in a 16 billion-dollar global organization.
- Located in San Francisco with the possibility for remote
Who you are
- Accepting students that graduate in December 2022 through Spring 2023.
- Undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Management Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology, Integrated Systems Engineering, or related degree.
- Statistical and data analysis skills
- Strong knowledge in one or more of the following: SQL, Python, SAS, or R. Combinations of these skills are very useful.
- Data visualization using tools, such as Tableau or D3
- Basic statistical modeling skills (regression, logistic regression, clustering)
- An ability to think abstractly and work cross functionally
- Strong communication and presentation skills