About the Role
Every summer, we invite talented rising seniors to join us for a challenging, hands-on experience in the retail industry. The ten-week Summer Intern Program is based in San Francisco.
The Summer Internship Program combines meaningful work experiences with exposure to different areas of our business to give interns a unique opportunity to expand their knowledge of the retail industry and determine whether they would like to pursue a career at Gap Inc. after graduation. As an intern, you will get to meet our senior executives and leaders. You will work on impactful projects and you will have the opportunity to present to senior management. We invite you to participate in events, such as hanging out at a baseball game, happy hours, local excursions, volunteering in the community, etc.
Our Customer, Digital, and Technology team pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who try fast, learn fast, and think big for our customers, communities, and the planet. On our team, you will be part of the technology engine that is driving innovative retail, e-commerce, and global enterprise technology for Gap Inc. and our brands. Our engineers and developers work together to create a seamless omni-channel experience powered through cloud-based platforms, services architecture, and open-source technologies. We help the company grow – whether it’s increasing our global footprint, operating a flawless holiday shopping season, or helping a customer get the product they need, when they need it. Our passion is what sets us apart – we’re not just here to execute, but also learn and grow and innovate on what’s next.
Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team for a Summer Internship!
- We are in an exciting stage of evolution as the rules of the retail industry are changing rapidly. We must deliver tangible value to our global company in every stage of our product lifecycle. The Gap Inc. Product Management organization will do this through the relentless pursuit of great software experiences while considering operating advantage and positive community impact.
- The work impacts millions of customers worldwide that love our iconic brands of Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta. At Gap Inc, almost all our applications are home grown, and we therefore collaborate in the full ideation and development of our capabilities from Supply Chain, Reporting, and Internal Operations, to our Website, Fulfillment, and Customer Experience. We have roles in many areas of the Product to Market cycle and you will partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 Company. We’re looking for the people who’ll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five.
- Product Managers use a strong product mindset with a combination of business savvy, customer centricity and technical knowledge. We are looking for product managers that are passionate about the customer’s journey, while strive to understand the complexities of system integrations and operational impacts. Here are a few components of the role of an intern:
- Leveraging the current technology platform, Product Management Interns will assist in creating solutions that are grounded in customer research and solve customer and business problems within the e-commerce and marketing technology space.
- Identify and evaluate new customer and business opportunities by focusing on the customer experience
- Assist in leading Loyalty and Personalization Program teams through the agile development process of large, complex projects in order to keep the customer needs first
- Work with business teams to complete business readiness and implementation activities
- Complete analysis and prove benefits of new capabilities
Who you are
- Undergraduate student with one year or less left to graduate in Business, Management, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Information Systems, Computer Science or related degree – accepting students that graduate in December 2022 and Spring 2023
- Familiarity with technical acumen with an ability to understand technology solutions and potential tradeoffs. Ability to communicate technical concepts to business users
- Strong understanding of the retail store space including internal and external customers
- Experience with in-store retail systems (POS, Shipment/receiving, Communications, etc.)
- Curious thought leader, comfortable with ambiguity
- Proficiency in storytelling and able to influence multiple levels of the organization
- Highly analytical and proficient in Excel and PowerPoint