Gavin de Becker & Associates (GDBA) is a dynamic security firm innovating threat assessment and public figure protection. Our mission aims to protect and enhance the lives of those we serve. From at-risk individuals and prominent families to corporations and universities, GDBA stands on the front line of the assessment, prediction, and management of violence.
GDBA advises public figure clients and protects them where they’re needed most – at their homes, offices, and during travel. Our associates manage the security operations from a dispatch command center to create a localized point for analyzing security challenges and disseminating information. Protectors are responsible for enhancing safety and security by remaining alert at all times. GDBA also plays a crucial role in adding comfort and convenience to the lives of those they serve.
Who You Are
Military, law enforcement, or security background is great, though not a requirement. We’re less interested in what you are than who you are. Our most successful protectors come from a variety of backgrounds and have succeeded because they are willing to learn, work hard, tell the truth, and flat out perform.
- Drug and nicotine-free; required to participate in ongoing drug and nicotine screenings.
- Physically fit; must complete physical readiness test prior to job offer.
- Pass our pre-employment background investigation.
- Possess a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Must be able to obtain a state firearms license.
- Previous security experience, including remote monitoring, access control, physical security, emergency response.
- Prior training in Emergency Medicine, defensive tactics, arresting techniques and tactical firearms.
- Working knowledge of basic IT troubleshooting.
- Professional and friendly communicator with a positive attitude.
- Promotion system is merit-based. Performance matters most, not seniority.
- Offer hundreds of training courses, exercises, and certifications – including paid training days.
- Our Professional Leadership Track (PLT) is a 2 year on-the-job training curriculum that prepares protectors for future leadership positions at GDBA or in their next career. Each step throughout the 2 year PLT and beyond is measured and evaluated by the Training Division to ensure every associate continually gains proficiency, experience, and confidence.
- Eligible CA-based Military Veterans and dependents are qualified to utilize the GI Bill® for PLT as additional income up to the first 2 years of employment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, 401k.
- Gym, Massage, Ammunition and Cellphone Reimbursements.
- Employee Assistance and Corporate Discount Programs.
- Stipends for special certifications and licenses such as EMT, LEOSA, CCW, etc.
- Renewal fees associated with guard/firearm license renewals and firearm requalification.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.