The goal of Innovation & Growth is to grow new businesses and increase the total addressable market within GM. This will be accomplished through the increase of loyalty by offering an ecosystem of services.
• Focus on top-line revenue growth
• Diversification into new high-growth businesses
• Scaling of new products and services
• Margin-accretive initiatives for GM (~30% EBIT margin in ’26CY)
• Grow new businesses to increase GM’s TAM
• Increase loyalty by offering an ecosystem of services
At Global Connected Services, we are GM’s subscription franchise whose purpose is to make moving through the world better for our customers.
Our vision is to create a more protected and connected world by empowering our customers, keeping it simple, earning trust, and creating the future.
During the summer, interns work with a diverse group of individuals across the Innovation & Growth team to complete a project. In the process, interns are expected to be prepared to quickly evaluate information, make decisions with little information, proactivity ask questions, conduct research, identify gaps, analyze data and create action plans. Interns work under the direct supervision of an experienced manager, but are expected to be self-starters, work comfortably independently, and contribute to the team with their insights and relevant course work. At the end of the summer, the intern will present on their project(s) and findings to senior leadership staff.
Examples of projects and work undertaken by previous interns include:
- Identify unique opportunity for product lines of business to drive value to customers and business opportunities
- Apply Human-Centered Design-Thinking principles to understand customer pain points that can be solved in the product development process
- Analyze developing trends
- Major in Marketing, Business
- Graduating no earlier than December 2022
- Experience with automotive or related field
- Ability to listen well and engage others in dialogue
- Self-directed, “get-it-done” work ethic
- Natural tendency to be curious, positive, and creative with a strong drive to innovate, invent and disrupt
- Computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- MBA with technical undergraduate degree
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
- Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
- Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
The median salary range for this position in Colorado is $4700. Applicable salary ranges may differ across markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
The start date for these Internship roles are for May & June of 2022 Spring/Summer Internship.
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2022 Student Program.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.