There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
This is a remote position; the selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States.
Spring/Summer 2021 Internship
As a digital marketing data analyst in the Marketing Data and Data Analytics Team under CDAO at GM, you will be placed in a fast-paced startup environment. You will help to build and ship important features and functionality. We are looking for a self-driven intern willing and able to learn quickly and acquire new development skills, particularly in areas related to marketing applications. You will get an opportunity to learn multiple technology/platform including Adobe, Salesforce Tag Manager etc.
- Work on web application technology stack including Adobe, Tag Manager, and Analytics
- Work with our business and developers implementing tags on websites or web apps to collect usage data
- Develop reports on website characteristics, utilization, focus areas, conversion, and other characteristics
- Work with business to create/identify segments based on marketing goals involving gathering, unify, analysis AB testing, and act on all of data, making our advertising more efficient, and reaching the right people at the right time
- Create target audiences based on a combination of in-depth first-party and third-party audience data; accurately target campaigns to these audiences across third-party ad networks and exchanges; and measure with accuracy campaign performance
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, product, marketing, legal, and management teams
Additional Job Description
- Pursuing a graduate degree in marketing data science and analytics, psychology, marketing research methodology, or pursing a graduate degree in a related field
- Has completed an undergraduate degree in computer science, marketing analytics or related fields
- Strong analytical, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience with Adobe Suit
- Eager to learn what it takes to ship production-level websites and web applications
This is a remote position, the selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
The median level of the monthly salary compensation for this role is $4500 dependent upon class status and degree. Benefit options are not available for this role.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.