There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
This rotational program begins in June of 2022.
At GM, our culture is to have a “One Team” approach, where we collaborate cross functionally to achieve enterprise wide results. This program will give you the opportunity to work with a diverse group of teams to accomplish our larger goals. In this role you will support and coordinate with multiple facets of the General Motors global portfolio by crafting and implementing timely business solutions. As a member of our team you will play a key role in solving meaningful and important issues facing our company!
Finance Analyst Development Rotational Program:
The Finance Analyst Rotational Program, consists of rotations within Finance Operations, Accounting, and Treasury. During your program you will develop broad financial and consulting skills producing the next generation of Finance and Accounting leaders at General Motors. As an analyst you will collaborate with GM’s globally diverse organizations to gather data, perform analyses, and present recommendations to senior GM executives.
This program offers three (3) rotational assignments in high visibility areas. Analysts rotate on average every 12 months to different finance functions. Upon completion of the program, you will work with our leaders to join our larger finance team.
Each project you work on gives you an opportunity to propose and implement business solutions with regional and/or global footprints!
Rotations include developing business cases to achieve financial targets and improving profitability, being an active participant in establishing pricing, incentive and marketing strategies to drive vehicle sales, and analyzing forecasting results to provide predictive business modeling for senior leadership.
Your rotation program typically consists of at least one (1) project requiring advanced data gathering, analytical capability, and presentation skills.
The positions are primarily in SE Michigan, but can also include a plant across the country and, in later rotations, possibly overseas in business divisions or regional treasury centers.
Accounting rotations may include the following: Controllership, Audit, Tax. Rotations will provide candidates with the work experience necessary towards obtaining a CPA license and may include consolidating and reporting company results, analyzing transactions for appropriate accounting treatment, and serving as a strategic business partner to increase transparency, improve efficiency, shorten decision cycle times, and reinforce financial integrity and accountability.
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
- Onsite: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
- Hybrid(Most Likely): This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
- Available to start full time in June 2022
- Currently pursuing a degree in Business, Accounting, Finance Economics, or related fields
- Graduating with a bachelors degree between December 2021 and June 2022 OR if you are currently pursuing your CPA: will complete a bachelors degree + additional CPA required course work or masters degree (total 150 hours) from December 2021 to June 2022
- Demonstrates leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities or service organizations
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Currently pursuing a CPA is preferred
- Problem Solving, Drive for Results, Decision Quality, Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic Agility, Managerial Courage and Innovative Thinking
- Familiarity with common financial tools like ROI, NPV, IRR, etc.
- Knowledge of corporate finance principles including ability to analyze balance sheets, incomes statement and cash flow and capital structure analysis, etc.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles or advanced accounting principles for Accounting roles
- Advanced Excel skills and strong modeling and financial valuation skills
Teamwork and Leadership Skills
- Can collaborate with a diverse team including cross-functional partners
- Solves problems and develops new methods of analysis to streamline decision-making
- Dives into data and corrects inconsistencies, finding and understanding root causes and drivers
- High level of integrity, accountability and trust with ability to deal with ambiguity and take initiative
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet goals in a fast-paced environment
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.