There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
This is a remote position; the selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States.
2021 Spring/Summer MBA Internship
At Global Connected Services (GCS), we are GM’s subscription franchise whose purpose is to make moving through the world better for our customers, and to make owning a vehicle get better over time. Our vision is to create a more protected and connected world by empowering our customers, keeping it simple, earning trust, and creating the future.
Working with the GCS Product Marketing Manager (PMM) organization this summer, this MBA intern will be responsible for identifying new, cutting edge, digital products, features, and services, and building the go-to-market strategy to bring them to market. This candidate will help the team define future market opportunities and define product epic definition of future products. Area of focus will be semi-autonomous driving enhancements (i.e. Super Cruise), vehicle-to-smart-home integration, connected cameras or other free or paid over-the-air updates.
During the summer, we expect this intern to be prepared to quickly evaluate information, make decisions with little information, proactivity ask questions, conduct qualitative and quantitative market research, identify gaps, analyze data and create action plans. This interns work under the direct supervision of an experienced manager on, but are expected to be self-starters, work comfortably independently, and contribute to the team with their insights and relevant course work. At the end of the summer, the intern will present on their project(s) and findings to senior leadership staff.
Examples of projects and work undertaken by previous interns include:
- Development of new product concepts related to smart home integration
- Executing through product lifecycle new in-vehicle applications
- Go to Market Launch approaches for upcoming or existing Products & Services
Additional Job Description
- Pursing an MBA
- “Student of the industry”; high personal passion for new / emerging technologies and the desire to expand technical knowledge; innately curious and always asking “why?”
- Ability to listen well and engage others cross-functionally
- Ability to handle working in an ambiguous work environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and present to all levels of the company
- Ability to manage ambiguity and fast paced tech development environment
- Strong business acumen with the ability to drive data insights into product and marketing strategies; experience in management consulting or other strategy roles a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage highly visible, complex projects
- Interest and/or experience in design thinking principles and agile methodologies
- Support team in developing product content and features
- Work with market research to study critical business decisions
- Collaborate with functional finance group in developing business cases and pricing/packaging strategies
- Work with marketing and advertising teams to support product launches and enhancements
- Establish baseline metrics / track product key performance indicators (KPIs) and identify strategies to improve business
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
This is a remote position, the selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States.
The median level of the monthly salary compensation for this role is $4500 dependent upon class status and degree. Benefit options are not available for this role.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.