Submit a GS application by clicking on the location of interest below:
As a firm we believe our people are our most valuable asset. That’s why we have teams dedicated to designing and implementing strategies to help our people be their best – at the firm and in their lives outside of it.
From recruiters and learning practitioners to talent advisors and benefits experts, we aim to deliver a best-in-class people strategy that attracts and motivates our evolving workforce. Our Human Capital Management colleagues demonstrate strong problem-solving, quantitative analytics and stakeholder management skills and want to make an impact on the careers of our people.
Divisions and Job Functions
Please note division and function examples are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business need. Specific roles will be confirmed through the interview process.
Human Capital Management While Human Capital Management (HCM) performs many of the functions traditionally associated with human resources, we do so with a strategic view of what it means to attract, develop and manage a global workforce. We recognize the high level of dedication our people give to Goldman Sachs and our clients. In turn, we are equally dedicated to making their experience at the firm a rewarding one through learning opportunities, a strong framework for career development, a health and wellness support system and a commitment to diversity and inclusion. Example teams include:
- Talent Advisors advise leaders and empower managers to unleash the potential of our talent and ensure best-in-class people solutions by consulting the business on talent decisions, managing day-to-day people activities, and advising on people-related activities in order to enable the firm’s growth initiatives.
- Talent Assessment designs, implements and advises on strategic frameworks to consistently identify and assess talent and inform people decisions from pre-hire through exit.
- Recruiting is responsible for attracting, evaluating and hiring the broadest and most diverse pool of campus and experienced talent to ensure we drive our business into the future.
- Learning & Engagement enables our people and teams to be at their best through a curriculum designed to strengthen our culture, accelerate transitions and drive commercial growth. Our learning experiences, tools and resources foster the growth of our people and create positive change in the firm.
- Diversity & Inclusion drives the firm’s talent and diversity strategies by being a leading voice and advisor to the firm to achieve greater diverse representation through data, accountability, culture and brand taking a person-by-person approach to developing our leadership pipeline.
- Reward designs best-in-class compensation and wealth creation programs that differentiate Goldman Sachs and enable us to attract and retain the best talent.
- Bachelor’s degree (2017 – December 2020)
- 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
- Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ideal candidates will have strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Candidates must demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate and present results highlighting the broader commercial and strategic impact.
- Candidates should be comfortable developing relationships throughout the firm and building networks within the division as well as with other divisions
- Upon joining the team, candidates should expect a challenging, fast-paced environment that will require the ability to focus on and deliver multiple projects effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, strategically, and operationally with a commercial mindset
- Ability to understand, dissect and analyze data to drive decisions and/or make recommendations