Grainger is currently recruiting for 2022 Summer Internships in Finance at our Chicago and Lake Forest locations. The Finance Internship Program is a full-time, paid 10-week program designed to provide college students with practical experience in corporate finance. Internships are the primary feeder into Grainger’s Financial Development Program for early-in-career Financial Analysts. Internship positions may include, but are not limited to, the following areas: Financial Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Audit, Financial Planning and Analytics, Finance Operations and Shared Services.
At Grainger, we help keep people safe and businesses running through innovative solutions, state of the art technology, and world class service. As the industry market leader and tenth largest e-retailer in North America, our people are the differentiating factor and is what has made us successful for 90 years and counting. We continue to grow and evolve by investing in our people, new technology and truly understanding the needs of our customers. We pride ourselves in helping our customers “get it done!”
Grainger’s Finance Internship Program is designed to provide college students with opportunities to enhance their technical and professional skills in corporate finance through business-critical project work. Grainger is committed to growing the skillsets of all team members and ensuring they have the right foundation to be successful.
Grainger’s internship provides paid housing for those interns who live outside a 30-mile radius from Lake Forest. At this time, we plan for our 2022 internship program to take place in-person. However, we are actively monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and will take all necessary steps to ensure team member safety.
What You’ll Gain
- Experience seeing a business-critical project through from start to finish.
- Common projects include: improving service to customers, influencing pricing and discount strategy, automating internal processes, or improving cost structure
- Broad and cross-functional exposure to different areas of corporate finance
- In-depth, practical business knowledge and experience
- Technical skills with visualization tools, such as Tableau or PowerBI, SQL coding, enhancing existing R or Python skillsets, SAP ERP, financial planning software (SAP BPC)
How You’ll Grow
- A comprehensive onboarding program
- Structured development sessions
- Meet & Greets with executive leaders
- Mentorship from a peer-mentor, a manager and the program director
- Networking events
- Community Involvement and team building opportunities.
- Fun social events with other interns and throughout the company
Finance Internship Minimum Requirements
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Currently enrolled in a college or university and working towards either:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, analytics, or data science, or a demonstrated interest in business, finance, or technology
- A master’s degree with strong performance in related business subjects
- Expected graduation between December 2022 and June 2023
- No visa sponsorships required now or in the future
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, especially a thorough knowledge of Excel formulas
Highly Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced knowledge of SQL or similar coding language
- Knowledge of database structures and ability to create ad-hoc databases for financial modeling
- Strong analytical skills, including an ability to synthesize data into information, reach logical conclusions, evaluate and improve processes
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.